SIG Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had hoped to sneak out of work early on a few occasions last week to take out the new P226 SAO Legion...but that never panned out.

So, early Sunday morning I packed up the P226 SAO & P229 Legions.
...and headed out to the range.
I have to admit after dry-firing both of them for a few days prior to the range...I was having a tough time deciding which I preferred.

But after the first 3 magazines out of the P226 SAO...I was smitten.
Both are excellent shooters, but I am liking the SAO a tad more.

I do have to put more finger on the flat trigger to keep from shooting left for some reason...
I have the same issue with my P320 X5 and P320 Carry w/Apex flat trigger.
...but the SAO is a much sweeter trigger, and the reset, wholly **** is it awesome!

All-in-all I put 250rds of Blazer Brass 124gr FMJs through the P226 SAO and 100rds through the P229...I did favor the P226 a little.

Not a single failure, malfunction or issue to speak of...
Come to think of it...I have approx 1400rds through my P229 Legion, and I have not had one issue with it....knock on wood, but even my finish is holding up quite well.

Hoping the P226 SAO holds up just as well! Looking forward to getting it back out again soon.

Registered
I also have both the 229 Legion and the 226 SAO Legion. While the 229 is really nice, I feel the 226 SAO is clearly in a class of it's own. It takes my shooting to another level. Tight groups, quick follow-up and the trigger is outstanding. My new favorite pistol !

Registered
I shot many rounds from a friend's 9mm 229 Legion and while the trigger was nice, I did not find it that much better than my 229 M11-A1. I liked the Legion - especially the sights, and took the plunge on the 226 Legion SAO 9mm. This gun is absolutely in a class by itself for the price point. I'm growing to appreciate great triggers, and the reset/break on this trigger are outstanding for a production gun. I also now see why the US special forces prefer the 226 platform - reliable and soak up the recoil. Great job on this one Sig.

Registered
Concur, 100% on the Legion SAO. All the strengths of the 1911, and none of its weaknesses...

For getting into, or out of action, to me, the SAO is hands down, faster, with more accurate first shots. Of course, I'm a knuckle dragging, drooling, Neanderthal- only liking weapons designed for combat, not paper punching.

Registered
Concur, 100% on the Legion SAO. All the strengths of the 1911, and none of its weaknesses...

For getting into, or out of action, to me, the SAO is hands down, faster, with more accurate first shots. Of course, I'm a knuckle dragging, drooling, Neanderthal- only liking weapons designed for combat, not paper punching.
When I was making my move from Glock to Sig, I rented a Legion 226 in SAO! That was all I needed to make the move. I loved the trigger but since I was looking for a carry gun, I went with the 229 Legion. Now that Sig has released a 220 Legion, I'm hoping they will release a SAO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.