SIG Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened across what seemed to be a good deal today - Browning 9mm Luger FMJ 200rd box for $69.99. Naturally, I grabbed a box but, while I know they're famous for their guns, I'm not at all familiar with the Browning brand of ammo. Anyone have experience with these?

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,004 Posts
I've shot it many times without any issues. Let us know how you like it.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Browning 9mm Luger FMJ 200rd box for $69.99
Wow, I can't remember the last time I paid .35 cents a round, but that would have been expensive not long ago. Now it's an incredible deal.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
It’s not bad ammo. I’ve shot a lot of 124 grain. No issues at all. I found it to be a bit dirty, but oh well. I think it’s basically Winchester ammo. Pretty decent price that you bought it at.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Like others have said, for range ammo it's not bad. I too found it a little dirty - sort of like white box, which would make sense. Great price for these times. My, how our expectations have changed.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I don't remember which gun I used when I had this ammo. I had some feed problems and a couple of FTF. At the time it was cheap. I never bought that again. This was when ammo. was easy to buy.

·
Registered
588 Posts
If it's loaded by Winchester, it's probably using their components and powder. Probably W231 powder.

·
Registered
176 Posts
If it's loaded by Winchester, it's probably using their components and powder. Probably W231 powder.
Dirty and hot ammo like WWB.
I doubt is W231, I have use W231 for my own reloads for the last 20 years and it's not that dirty like this Browning stuff!
I have 0 problems on my 365 and XL with it, just spend more time cleaning, cleaning is fun for me!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Left: The 124g is range fodder and was sold by Academy for $24 / 150 rd. box....it’s ok.
Right: For target work, Browning’s 147g BPT is very accurate and I was impressed with it. I believe it was around $14 / 50 rd. box.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I recall mainly seeing it for sale at Dicks/Field & Stream, back before they got woke.

·
Banned
16 Posts
It's not the best but not the worst. Kind of dirty stuff. I feel like I finally made a good decision when my gut told me to stock up at 16 cents per round. Got that one right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts