SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Just pick one and go with it...it's not like you're a specops guy. Any of the listed ammo will work for what the average civilian needs. Sometimes people get too far down in the weeds over this stuff.

Reactions: stlmia

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Change the handgun used or from a different production run but still new or lot number of ammo tried and result WILL be different .

If not shoot using a Ransom Rest you are at the mercy of the guy pulling the trigger at that moment in time .

What is the most accurate bullet in there test does not expand as well as the last place finisher that far and away the highest energy and best expansion yet still groups well.

Go look at Luckygunners gel test on the large number of 9mm bullets he tested and try a few and make your own mind up .

Many LE threw the years have used 115gr +P+ and also 147gr standard and +P too so they did not cover those !! Hummm .

The FUN is finding what your handgun and you shoot well and what you and your wallet can justify . HA The ammo test missed more than a few other good bullet and brands too

·
Banned
6,289 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Maybe just me(probably not) but I looked at cost per round initially. It's one of the reasons I went with and have been going with 9mm(not to mention enhanced ammo types being marketed), with accouple of 22's as well. I would love to have the funds to shoot the 40's and 45's but I can barely afford the 9's. And tho I have picked up some higher end sigs, ammo cost is still an important factor in my weekly expenditure's and enables me to practice practice practice. I may of missed the point of the Op but as I have picked up a box of 147 grain HTP Hornady rounds for home loads I am hoping that the Fiocchi 115 grain(1k rounds for 220 dollars with never a fail) will give me the practice needed to handle the higher grained home defense rounds? Apologize for the novel but any input into the differences between the higher end grain loads and + would be appreciated.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe just me(probably not) but I looked at cost per round initially. It's one of the reasons I went with and have been going with 9mm(not to mention enhanced ammo types being marketed), with accouple of 22's as well. I would love to have the funds to shoot the 40's and 45's but I can barely afford the 9's. And tho I have picked up some higher end sigs, ammo cost is still an important factor in my weekly expenditure's and enables me to practice practice practice. I may of missed the point of the Op but as I have picked up a box of 147 grain HTP Hornady rounds for home loads I am hoping that the Fiocchi 115 grain(1k rounds for 220 dollars with never a fail) will give me the practice needed to handle the higher grained home defense rounds? Apologize for the novel but any input into the differences between the higher end grain loads and + would be appreciated.
I switched over to all 9mm last year. As much as I like to shoot, and want to shoot even more, 9mm is much more cost effective.

Fiocchi is great ammo. I've shot plenty of it in 9mm and .45.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Interesting write-up, thanks again SA (enjoyed Episode 1 - 115gn too)!

Reactions: Sterling Archer
1 - 9 of 9 Posts