SIG Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
New acquisition this weekend. A friend had been sitting on this for a little while now. He found the slide to be too stiff for his wife to operate and wanted to sell it off to find something more appropriate for his home. Now this P6 has made it to mine. I was excited to pick up another W. German and waited for him to drop the price a little. I got the gun, a single mag and a brown leather snap holster marked Sig Sauer for $450, the same price he paid from a shop years ago that is notoriously over priced. I thought the price was alright and I enjoy the little history I learn doing research. The gun's finish is not great, it spent a lot of time in someones holster. It does shoot great, I have read about feed problems on the P6 and thus far it has eaten all my hand loads from 115 gr fmj to 124 gr Hornady XTP. I have not tried anything heavier but hear the 147 grainers can be troublesome. I do not care for the all black sights, that is going to have to get swapped out, any suggestions? A little family photo of my Sigs, please excuse the Glock matt! Also does anyone have a source for mags? I read such bad things about promag I'd rather not get those in less they have improved. This will probably be a carry gun sometimes for me as it fits in the hand well and shoots wonderful. Comfortable on the hip too.​

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
I think you got decent deal on that one. It's in really great shape and without a lot of wear from the looks of it. Do the serial numbers on the barrel and slide match the frame?

Don't waste your time with the ProMags. You can still find originals around for a decent price on the auction sites, in the classifieds here and at gun shows if you're patient.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,048 Posts
Congratulations, and factory magazines aren't that far away.
225 SIG. Accessories | Numrich Gun Parts

I don't know how you feel about tritium sights, but I've got the Siglites on both my P6, and P225, they are reasonably priced, and effective in low light.

Reactions: winterwar and Dispo

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All the serials do match that is one of the reasons I picked it up. I have the Siglites on the p938 and I do not care for the combat sight picture so much. I probably should have asked if anyone has trjicon or something similar that raises the point of aim. I have highviz on the 226 and I like the sight picture better but i do not want to add the long rear sight for when I carry it. This is one of the most comfortable size/shooters I have laid hands on.

Reactions: winterwar

·
14,048 Posts
Dispo, that holster appears to look similar to some that Gun Parts Corporation has that were surplused by some of the German police agencies that use the P6.

Meprolight makes an adjustable sight model with tritiums, if you want low light capability.

LPA has Fiber Optic adjustable sights available for Sig Models, along with other blade types, to use whatever sight picture you choose. www.fusionfirearms.com is the LPA distributor into the US with these:
https://www.fusionfirearms.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=sig+adjustable+sights

Reactions: Dispo

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ordered a new factory mag and hex grip screws for the p225 and the p226 from Numrich. Thanks, not sure how that slipped under my radar. Sights will probably be Siglites. Thanks for the links everyone.

Reactions: winterwar

·
14,048 Posts
Dispo, if adjustable sights seem too large, or disruptive, you can make minor adjustments with Siglites, by purchasing individual front and rear sights from Sig. Once again Sig figures 25 yard ranges in their adjustments. Say with a 9mm, and #8F/#8R sights, and you want to raise your impact 4" at 25 yards, by their calculations, if you go to a #10 rear sight, to replace your #8... it will put you in that vicinity. The included charts show, the adjustments, as front sights are 1" at 25 yards, and rears are 2" at 25 yards per increase/decrease in sight number.
See where your sights hit now, using your preferred hold, regardless of if they are conventional or tritium. Sigs number are supposedly consistent across the board. Figure how high, or low you need move the impact point, and use a combination of front/rear change to get there elevation wise, and order what you need.

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
Ordered a new factory mag and hex grip screws for the p225 and the p226 from Numrich. Thanks, not sure how that slipped under my radar. Sights will probably be Siglites. Thanks for the links everyone.
Let us know how that new P6 mag from Numrich turns out. I might have to spring for a few myself.

·
14,048 Posts
I have the meprolight adjustable night sights on mine and love them. The front sight is noticeably taller.
I think that's the first time I've seen them on a pistol, don't look too "oversize", cosmonaut, what kind of sight picture do you use when shooting, and do these "help"?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think that's the first time I've seen them on a pistol, don't look too "oversize", cosmonaut, what kind of sight picture do you use when shooting, and do these "help"?
I have them set up for a center mass sight picture. To me, they help. I seem to shoot better with them than stock sights, I think it was mostly because I was able to tweak the rear sight adjustment a little.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
New mag has arrived

Auto part Metal

Magazine from Numrich has arrived. I am happy to report that is looks to be a good quality mag from Sig. I'd say the spring is at least 25-40% stronger. It is marked p6 like my original with the addition of Sig Sauer on the side. If you need a mag and do not mind dropping the $40 bucks don't hesitate, it is worth it. The new on is on the right side in the photos, a new PP226 mag in in in the left with my original in the middle. The sights on my p6 are labeled 8 in the front and 7 in the back. I will probably go with an 8 in the back and a 8 or 9 in the front. My P938 has 8 in the back and 9 in the front and i like that just fine.Thanks for the info on those. Has anyone tried the Sig Xray sights?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.