SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just picked up a new 716 Patrol Rifle yesterday. The rifle came with a stock made by Sig Sauer, not the Magpul ACS Carbine stock. I was interested in getting rid of the Sig stock that came with it and putting on the ACS. Is there any issues or modifications in changing this out? I just want to make sure before making the switch and purchase. Also, does anyone run any different type of stock that requires no modification? I thought maybe I read somewhere that modifications needed to be made, I just can't remember if it was for this rifle or not.

The stock I was considering

Magpul ACS Carbine Stock - Mil-Spec - Black

Thanks

Jack

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,011 Posts
I think I would verify tube diameter, either mil-spec 1.14" diameter, or commercial 1.17" diameter before ordering.

Reactions: LoganX

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
They should be mil-spec but not a bad idea to check it first if you can. I've not heard of anyone reporting a commercial tube on a Sig, but could save a return headache.

You can check Magpul's site for the specs, as I believe they list them somewhere on it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi,

I just picked up a new 716 Patrol Rifle yesterday. The rifle came with a stock made by Sig Sauer, not the Magpul ACS Carbine stock. I was interested in getting rid of the Sig stock that came with it and putting on the ACS. Is there any issues or modifications in changing this out? I just want to make sure before making the switch and purchase. Also, does anyone run any different type of stock that requires no modification? I thought maybe I read somewhere that modifications needed to be made, I just can't remember if it was for this rifle or not.

The stock I was considering

Magpul ACS Carbine Stock - Mil-Spec - Black

Thanks

Jack
That is exactly what I put on my 716 Patrol, highly recommend it and make sure you get the milspec version.

·
Premium Member
4,957 Posts
I sold my 716, but I had installed an FDE Magpul MilSpec ACS stock on it, and it's a nice improvement. While your in there, you might consider a MIAD grip too, I liked that much better. I never liked the B5 gear they put on it. Sig uses MilSpec stocks on their 716's and MCX's...can't speak on the other rifles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for the great responses, looks to be mil-spec, again I appreciate the great information.

Have to decide on glass and bipod next.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sold my 716, but I had installed an FDE Magpul MilSpec ACS stock on it, and it's a nice improvement. While your in there, you might consider a MIAD grip too, I liked that much better. I never liked the B5 gear they put on it. Sig uses MilSpec stocks on their 716's and MCX's...can't speak on the other rifles.
going to check out the MIAD grip, great suggestion, thanks.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I went from stock MOE to MAID to K2, and finally got a BCM model 3 that really fits perfectly. Might try that one if you're interested in a fairly thick but more upright grip. It's cheaper too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.