SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 522 sight kit, as my 522 did not come with a rear sight.

It appears as there's no way to tighten it onto the rail, and it just sits there somewhat loose. The screws that came with it are only to keep it on the rail, but don't actually tighten it to the rail. Pretty disappointed with this, and wondering how Sig would ever have sold something like this without considering the fact that it could not be tightened to stay in place.

Does anyone else own this and have any suggestions?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I would just put a set of Magpul flip up sights on it and be done with it.

-Mike
The Magpul MBUIS sights are designed to attach to a picatinny rail, but the 522's pic rail only extends to the end of the receiver (unless he has the Swat model or an aftermarket handguard). Down on the barrel it has a proprietary mount (I forget the name of the exact type of mount). I believe it's the same front sight mount that the Sig 556 uses. That proprietary mount only works with a few specialized front sights.

If he did end up using the MBUIS sights, he would have to mount them on the receiver and then he would have a very short sight radius.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.