SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All there in the title :D Does anybody know what size (if any) of the 5.11 ThumbDrive will take a P226 MK25.

Looking around at reviews a lot of people are saying you can get them to fit the P226 but not the MK25 (due to the rail).

Any advice/help appreciated. I thought someone here might have come across it.

·
Registered
21,821 Posts
All there in the title :D Does anybody know what size (if any) of the 5.11 ThumbDrive will take a P226 MK25.

Looking around at reviews a lot of people are saying you can get them to fit the P226 but not the MK25 (due to the rail).

Any advice/help appreciated. I thought someone here might have come across it.
The only "Thumb Drive" I know about goes in a USB port on a computer. :lol:

Reactions: Shkibby

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aha.

In the end I searched a bit more and came across this:

Amazon.com: Sig Sauer P220, P226, P229, SIG Pro 2022, MK25 Gun Holster Tactical light / Tactical laser holster level II: Sports & Outdoors

Which is supposed to be released by the thumb also - Just (obviously) not their "brand" ThumbDrive. I'll see how it goes.

This is for open carry (they were talking about trying to conceal it on defensivecarry) so a lot of their issues with that device wouldn't apply to me. BUT as I'm trying a different make/model anyhow, I'm entering unknown territory.

Wish me luck!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Only ones I have seen are from IMI or IWI or whatever branch makes them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
5.11 Thumbdrive holster does NOT work with the SIG P226R Mk 25

Hi,

I just bought the 5.11 Thumbdrive Holster for my SIG P226R Mk25 and I am sad to report that the holster does NOT work with this specific model. The firearm fits perfectly (including the rail) but the retaining mechanism does not engage. So, the cool feature of this holster, which is the thumbdrive is useless for this firearm! :( I went to the store and got another thumbdrive holster, just to be sure it was not a defect on the original one, and the same problem... the gun does not lock in the holster!

So, I all can do now is to go to the store and get a different holster! Very sad. Hope it helps !

Cheers,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts