SIG Talk banner

380 pocket pistols?

3041 88
I am considering getting either an lcp or glock 42 amd maybe selling my p365 380. Anybody have any combination of these and compare them? Which do you like best and why? I like my sig but it's too heavy for pocket carry. Thoughts and opinions welcome, thanks
21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’ve always liked 380 pistols. I carried them in the 80s when smaller 9s hadn’t come on the seen yet. I’ve had numerous 380s over the years including a Sig p232. It was a fine shooter but a little large for discreet carry. I now have a S&W M&P Bodyguard 380 witch I love and shoot really well. It is truly a pocket pistol.

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
North American Arms in .22 mag.

A friend of mine got one of those probably 30yrs ago, and still has it :sneaky:

·
Registered
821 Posts
I agree, the Sig P365-380 is a little on the large and heavy side for pocket carry. I have an LCP that's smaller, thinner, and lighter, but I don't enjoy shooting it so I'm not as proficient as I ought to be with it. Since the P365-380 shoots so nicely I try to make it work. Typically this means cargo pants, or relaxed-fit jeans, and cinching up the belt tight to keep the weight supported.

Reactions: Ed4032

·
Registered
118 Posts
Carried my dad's Ruger LCP II for a couple days, very nice (It "disappears" in the pocket (with pocket holster)). I have a Remington RM380 and carried it in a pocket holster for a couple of weeks while my main edc was being worked on - if only it actually fired hollow points reliably....

I've come very close to buying a Ruger Max .380 several times, I'd lean towards that myself.

·
🎖USAF Retired
G19.4 - P365 - TX-22 - G42
666 Posts
I have the LCP Max, and it is, in every sense of the term, a pocket 380
I carry it when out in the yard, or "closing up" for the night outside.

I endorse it 100%. Unfortunately, Ruger told me I only qualify as an unpaid endorser
Just got back from the grocery with my Max -- couldn't ask for a better pocket carry.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
The trigger on my Ruger LCP II is amazing. It's super crisp. Honestly, aside from not being DA/SA, I like it as much as my P229 and my LTT Beretta (it broke-in at 4-1/2 to 5 lb. trigger). I can't change the sights, but I painted them orang and they're thinner (more accurate) than night sights which is part of the reason I didn't "upgrade" to the LCP Max. It is perfect for pocket carry in my mind. If you want night sights and more capacity in a slightly larger pistol, go with the LCP Max.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood

·
Registered
557 Posts
Check out a kahr cw 380, good little pocket pistol.

I own it and like it,
however, look at the kahr cm 9 I bought it for 300 dollars and a tad larger than the 380.

I carry the 9 in jeans pocket and it's awesome, and your shooting a 9. Hardly notice it in the pocket.
I have carried most of the pistols discussed in this thread, and will only carry the Kahr P380 in my pocket.

It is, for me, the perfect compromise of weight, size and accuracy for a .380 pocket pistol.

I have owned a variety of .380's (PPK/S, G42, P380, P238, and a few I'm embarrassed to admit I owned)
all are now gone except the P380 and P238 (more out of nostalgia and my love of SIG pistols).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am considering getting either an lcp or glock 42 amd maybe selling my p365 380. Anybody have any combination of these and compare them? Which do you like best and why? I like my sig but it's too heavy for pocket carry. Thoughts and opinions welcome, thanks
I would recommend the Ruger LCP MAX which holds 10 & 12 rounds, very small, very easy to shoot and a great improvement over previous LCP & LCPII. If you are looking to sell your P365 380, does it have the manual safety? If so I might be interested.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm not going to carry a striker fired pistol without a safety in my pocket, no matter what the make. For me, a DAO revolver, like a S&W 442/642, is perfect.
Mine is the 340PD at 11.4oz and shoots 357s if you're man enough, and I'm not. I carry Speer 135gr +P. I found a used one 20 years ago and have carried it every since, when I can't carry a larger gun. It's light enough to carry in gym shorts.

·
Registered
317 Posts
For TINY guns, I started with a Colt Government stainless, in 380. I had to paint the front sight. It was pretty accurate, and always functioned, but, after taking it out of my pocket several times and seeing the safety off, I sold it.
I went to local gun shop and fondled a Kahr, LCP, and BG380. I bought the BG380 but absolutely hate the trigger. I installed a Galloway trigger which helped a little.
I picked up a Khar, with intentions that it would replace the BG380. It was the softest shooting and most accurate 380 I ever fired but it would jam, regardless of ammunition used. I sent it back to the factory TWICE, then sold it with full disclosure about the jamming issue.
Then, I bought a LCP Max. Took it to the range and it ate everything but shot really low. I called Ruger and they replaced the barrel, which helped some, but it still shoots lower than I would like. I also don't like the 8# trigger pull even though that's lighter than my BG380. I intend to drop a McCarbo trigger, and spring kit in it so that I can hopefully shoot it accurately.

21 - 40 of 89 Posts