SIG Talk banner

380 pocket pistols?

3041 88
I am considering getting either an lcp or glock 42 amd maybe selling my p365 380. Anybody have any combination of these and compare them? Which do you like best and why? I like my sig but it's too heavy for pocket carry. Thoughts and opinions welcome, thanks
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
Sig P365 SIGMPX SIG 220ELITE
107 Posts
Had the SIG, actually little large for my pocket carry. Tried all the RUGERS over time & the new model, however slightly larger than earlier models is off set by increased mag capacity. Comes with a pocketholster. Decent Carry during SUMMER HEAT & Dependable with modern day Defense able AMMO. CK one out @ yur local Range.

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
I generally don't comment much on micro nines, especially Striker fires. Because the truth is I don't care much for the caliber or the platform. That being said, I have this Ruger ec9s that belongs to a friend of mine in my safe right now, and I must say it's an impressive little Pocket Gun I have fired it a few times and been with my friend while he fired it quite a bit. It's a little bit Snappy but not bad for its size. I believe he paid $250 for it n i b 7 + 1 9 mm, very narrow and easy to conceal. If I were in the market for something like that, it would be at the top of my list.
Guitar accessory Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory String instrument accessory Wood

Rectangle Pattern Wood Gun barrel Fashion accessory

·
Registered
531 Posts
Well if the 365 is too big for the pocket- the Glock 42 is pretty close to that.
Depending on what pants I have on- the 365 works well in the pocket. If jeans?- then no. Pockets are too tight. Work pants, cargo shorts...works fine. Summer time- I often pocket carry mine in my shorts pocket. Cooler weather (like now) then OWB and cover it with a shirt.

The Ruger LCP Max is slightly smaller and weighs 14 oz fully loaded with 10+1. Might be smallest hi-cap.
The Ruger LC 9 is close to the same size but weighs 2 more oz than the 365 and holds 3 less rounds.

Good luck- it's gotta work for you.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am considering getting either an lcp or glock 42 amd maybe selling my p365 380.
I bought a G42 to try to get my wife to quit wearing out the PPK/S, and I've shot it more than she has. I've found it to be an amazingly sweet shooting pistol, and it fits into a pocket very nicely. I had the Glock Store install Trijicon tritium sights on it when I ordered it.
Anybody have any combination of these and compare them? Which do you like best and why?
I EDC a P365, though, just because it works for me, and I prefer the 9mm for my own use. In comparison to the G42, the G42 does pocket better because of its narrower profile, and it does have less of a muzzle rise. You can get some really fast split times with the G42 compared to the P365, and the hits will be very close together.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Check out a kahr cw 380, good little pocket pistol. I own it and like it, however, look at the kahr cm 9 I bought it for 300 dollars and a tad larger than the 380. I carry the 9 in jeans pocket and it's awesome, and your shooting a 9. Hardly notice it in the pocket.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Of the ones you mentioned, LCP is the smallest. And you an get an LC9s in a size similar to the other two, but in 9mm. I pocket carry both the LCP and LC9s in Desantis SuperFly holsters, and both fit in my pocket comfortably. If you decide to go with an LCP, get the striker-fired LCP II.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am considering getting either an lcp or glock 42 amd maybe selling my p365 380. Anybody have any combination of these and compare them? Which do you like best and why? I like my sig but it's too heavy for pocket carry. Thoughts and opinions welcome, thanks
i have a S&W 380 bodyguard with the built in laser. i carry it sometimes in summer months. i put a trigger kit in it. its the only gun i have pocket carried without a holster.

·
Registered
17,258 Posts
I like the P238 and the LCP. I have both and literly carry them in My pocket. Either one will fit inside the Ticket Pocket of a Suit Jacket or Sports Coat

·
🎖USA Retired - Premium Member
445 Posts
North American Arms in .22 mag.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts