SIG Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just looking at 38 ammunition both FMJ and JHP .

Cannot believe that It's almost not available and the price.

The Lady that I';ve bee boarding My dogs with wants to get a Gun
for protection. She knows I have lots of guns and asked Me for help.
She's never had a gun so I'm going to suggest a Revolver. I've been
looking and have decided that a 4" barrel Revolver would be best for
Her. The Snubbies would kick too much. I have decided on a Taurus
(yes Taurus is hated) Model 82 Blued version. In researching it I found
out that the Brazilian Police used that model for years. I like that plus
You can shoot Plus P ammo too. Problem is it is mostly sold out every
where except on GB and most of those are used and 38 Ammunition
is not Too available especially the JHP stuff. When She decides I'm hoping
by then stuff will be more available. I'm going to give her a couple of boxes
of Winchester White box when She gets the Gun plus I'm going to go with
her when She decides.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
The last I bought was .357 mag hp's. Got a good deal from Target Sports, but that was just before the 'vid.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
.38 (and .357) continue to be among the most popular handgun calibers. And accordingly, they are extremely difficult to find right now, just like 9, 40 & 45.

I'm doing ok with the .38 supply I have at the moment, but would like to get more .357 which is proving almost impossible.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just bought 300 rds of 158gr, FMJ, 38 special a few days ago from Target Sports.
They had 99+ boxes in stock but the cost makes me sick....at $0.45 /rd.
Still I felt compelled to buy it since it was available. Trying to stop the knee jerk reaction every time I get a notification that ammo is back in stock.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I hear ya. I just nabbed 500 rds of .40 S&W, simply because it was actually in stock.
Its turned into a game of whack a mole but I'm trying to stay under 50 cents a round. 6 months ago I was getting a case of 124gr, 9mm FMJ for $160.00 with free shipping. I'm a Prime member at target sports. Now they're selling the same for $500+.

I hope things settle down after Nov 3rd. Debate is on tonight....see who shows up.

Reactions: tdubya and Hammer

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just bought .38 +P at SuperVel. $15.95 for 20, 90gr, JHP , designed for snubbies.
Ordered a week ago, came today

·
Banned
904 Posts
Look at the lesser demand such as .32.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I also am looking for .357.. Went with my son a couple of weeks ago to a sporting goods store. WE were waiting for them to get their shipment in.
I went and just started looking around no pistol ammo. on the shelves for pistol ammo..
Starting looking at rifle ammo.. I got lucky someone had put a box of .357 leverlution in with the larger rifle rounds. It was the only box of .357 as none came in.
My son has gone back there and was able to purchase 9mm, he looks for .357 for me. there has been no .357 that arrives with shipments. They get a shipment twice a day.
I grabbed the leverlution. It was 24 dollars for 25 rounds.
For those not familiar with this they are made for lever action or tube fed guns. For hunting pointed type bullet. It has a rubbery tip so it will not bump a primer when recoiling. Tube fed guns recommend either soft point or hollow point.
I have a Henry lever action in .357

Ammo seek has some .357 but the prices are way up there and I really want some 125 grain hollow points. There is mostly 158 grain soft nose.

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just bought 300 rds of 158gr, FMJ, 38 special a few days ago from Target Sports.
They had 99+ boxes in stock but the cost makes me sick....at $0.45 /rd.
Still I felt compelled to buy it since it was available. Trying to stop the knee jerk reaction every time I get a notification that ammo is back in stock.
I have 1200 rnds of FMJ and 320rnds of p+
Will probably give her a box of Winchester JHPs besides the Whitebox.

·
Banned
597 Posts
.38 (and .357) continue to be among the most popular handgun calibers. And accordingly, they are extremely difficult to find right now, just like 9, 40 & 45.

I'm doing ok with the .38 supply I have at the moment, but would like to get more .357 which is proving almost impossible.
This is true. The .357 magnum is one of the most lethal and popular calibers ever created. Revolvers are just not in style right now except with the people that like them which number a LOT of people. Sig just doesn't make them. It is a shame a first time gun owner can't get .38 SPCL. That isn't such a bad round either.

·
Banned
597 Posts
Its turned into a game of whack a mole but I'm trying to stay under 50 cents a round. 6 months ago I was getting a case of 124gr, 9mm FMJ for $160.00 with free shipping. I'm a Prime member at target sports. Now they're selling the same for $500+.

I hope things settle down after Nov 3rd. Debate is on tonight....see who shows up.
The circus will show up that's who. I dread watching it but don't want to hear about it 2nd hand through fake news. Yes, on expensive ammo. I bought a lot of it for the same price. I'm just pausing my shooting except for varmits on my place. None of them got permission. Ear pieces, drug tests, sigh......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts