SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the range with the Sig for the first time. I alternated with the 43x. Mag for mag.
The only variable was the light mounted on the sig.

115 and 124 grain ball ammo @ 7, 10, & 15 yards.

The tighter groups were from tempo fire. The spread was when I stepped on the gas for double-triple taps. I did have a flyer each time I switched due to adjusting to the different triggers.

This was the first time I’ve ever broached the topic of switching platforms for reals. (Hands on face). :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
You got to go with what works for you. I was a long time Glock shooter (and I still have a few) but when I did the same kind of side by side tests with my G43, G48 and P365 and 365XL, my results where the exact opposite and I will be selling my 43 and 48.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Glock competitor to the p365 is the g43. The Glock competitor to the p365XL is the g43x. The rigidity of the grip's front and bottom (p365 mag extension VS flush g43x) could explain any perceived performance difference because the length of the g43x grip is an advantage to shooting stabilization.

Put the FCU and slide on a p365xl grip module, and then redo the test.
He was shooting with the P365X which has the same grip module as the P365XL.

·
🎖USA Veteran
229 Posts
I have had both the 43x and the 48. Fine pistols. It's the triggers I didn't like on them. It's not the trigger function I didn't like, but the pain in my old index finger after firing several rounds with them. I changed the trigger on the 43x to an Apex and it didn't help so I sold them both. I also have a 365, X, and XL. I like the trigger on the Sigs much better. Of them all I kept the P365XL and have a variety of parts to configure an x or base model if I want. Enjoy what you got.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The very first 50 rds I shot with a rented P365 - were as good (if not a tad better) than any group I could shoot with my G43 or G19, the glocks were close, but. ANd both glocks had a "minus" connectors installed, and some very light trigger polishing - actually pretty good triggers (for glocks) as a result - maybe 5 - 5.25 lbs. For me, the 365 trigger is easier to shoot consistently (curved or flat). My experiences as an instructor have led me to conclude that glocks are not the easiest to shoot for a lot of people - especially those with no or limited pistol experience. I let them try my G43 and/or G19 along side a 365 (or XL), or a CZ P-10. Most shoot better, and like the feel, including trigger, with the sig or CZ (as do I).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You got to go with what works for you. I was a long time Glock shooter (and I still have a few) but when I did the same kind of side by side tests with my G43, G48 and P365 and 365XL, my results where the exact opposite and I will be selling my 43 and 48.
Agreed. I have so much time behind the Glock platform that it works for me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good shooting, looks like you’re better with the Glock but it’s your first time with the SIG also.
I’ve had both pistols and always shot my 365 better, the 43 is long gone.

I have decades behind the Glock platform. I lost some concentration during testing because I was soaking in the comps. When I focused I was keyholing the sig too. Then I had fun with triple taps.

Keeping it on a 9” target with speed, Grin from ear to ear.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have had both the 43x and the 48. Fine pistols. It's the triggers I didn't like on them. It's not the trigger function I didn't like, but the pain in my old index finger after firing several rounds with them. I changed the trigger on the 43x to an Apex and it didn't help so I sold them both. I also have a 365, X, and XL. I like the trigger on the Sigs much better. Of them all I kept the P365XL and have a variety of parts to configure an x or base model if I want. Enjoy what you got.
As soon as I switched the the apex on all my glocks, the issue with the trigger went away. Add to that a light sand/polish to the internals…

·
Registered
128 Posts
Honestly it looks to me like only the 10 yard comparison really favored the Glock here. The 7 and 15 yard comparisons, especially when you discount a couple of flyers (which you had with the Glock too) looks to be as good if not better from the Sig.

Bottom line is they're both impressive for the ranges stated. These aren't meant to be bullseye pistols, so both are entirely adequate for SD purposes. Carry whichever you prefer. Personally, from a look & feel and mechanics standpoint, I prefer the Sig platform to the Glock platform. I've sold all of my Glocks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts