SIG Talk banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nah can't tap these holes...the holes' diameter are way too skinny and too close to other moving parts in slide.

Just spoke to Stewart at Sig...the ONLY optic that will mount on this 365X slide is the RomeoZero.

HUGE bummer....very disappointed.
Did you not ask that question or look to see the compatibility first? The x series slides are limited to what you can mount due to the screws that mount from bottom of the slide. Even with that, you would need an adapter place. I would have the same issue on my Xcarry slide. I upgraded that slide to a Pro version when the screws mount from the top and leave the rear sights in place. Sorry to see you are a guinea pig for the first iteration of the slide. Sounds like a romeo zero might be in your future if you keep that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought a 365xl a little over a year ago because I wanted the romeo 0. Ended up not liking the xl so I took off the optic, bought an optic plate with the sight from sig and sold the xl. This was when you couldn't find a romeo 0 anywhere. Then I bought a True Precision cut slide for my P365 and put the optic on it. I had to go to the hardware store to get screws. I have been carrying it for a year now and love it. I knew Sig would eventually put out the optic cut slide for the P365, but I don't like how Sig deletes the rear sight. The True Precision slide let's you keep your factory rear sights.

·
Registered
32 Posts
RMSc has the "pattern"....however the means of mounting will not work.

As I just stated...just got off the phone with Sig, the ONLY optic that will mount to the slide is the RomeoZero.
The Holosun 507K, 1st & 2nd versions mount to the P365 red-dot mounts as well as the Romeo Zero. $289 at Amazon and Optics Planet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Guy, sorry to say,, but you have no clue what your talking about. The only person confused here is you.

The RomeZero(the optic itself) has the threads in it. The screws go through the slide and then screw into the RomeoZero.

Others may fit the 365XL because the slide probably has larger threaded holes.

The 365x slide is NOT compatible with any other optic on the planet other than the RomeZero.

do yourself a favor, return it to Sig.
Take a look on Live Free Armory Site. I believe they just started making slides for the 365.
I plan on buying the Elite slide for my 320c

·
Registered
28 Posts
Guy, sorry to say,, but you have no clue what your talking about. The only person confused here is you.

The RomeZero(the optic itself) has the threads in it. The screws go through the slide and then screw into the RomeoZero.

Others may fit the 365XL because the slide probably has larger threaded holes.

The 365x slide is NOT compatible with any other optic on the planet other than the RomeZero.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like you are screwed ;)

Hope they can sort this out, I’m debating one of these slides...
I am in agreement with CZSIG-Vinny above. The optic cut on the 365XL is compatible with the RomeoZero and the Holosun 407K or 507k. I just mounted the Holosun 507K-X2 on my 365XL slide. The Holosun mounting screws go in from the top of the optic, not from underneath the slide. The Holosun did come with two different sets of mounting screws, so you have to be careful to use the right ones.

I assume this would be true for the RomeoZero as well. Being a Sig product specifically made for the 365XL, I would certainly expect they would have provided the proper size and length mounting screws with the RomeoZero for the 365X/XL slide.

The biggest issue I ran into was breaking loose the screws from underneath the slide which thread into the rear sight that also hold the optic cover on. It required using a heat gun in order soften the Loctite the factory used to where I could remove the screws.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Threw on my RMSc this morning...

Hands down the Zero is a much better fit for the 365 imo by far.

The Shield will stay on my XDs MOD.2 OSP locked up and put away.

...and if i may add, I prefer the Zero over the RMSc any day. The Shield does not live up to its ridiculous cost of $450($500 after taxes/shipping).

And don't give me the Zero is "plastic" bs. It's made from the same firearm polymer that literally all 365s' lowers are made from. Top notch red dot.
Yes the RMSc is priced very high. Yes the ROMEO Zero is an decent optic. But its not as durable as you want ti think. Look at real views by good reviewers and gun people. But for the price its hard to beat.

·
Registered
195 Posts
looks pretty good...also adds some real estate though

this your edc? if yes, any difference in comfort on the hip?
No, this isn't my EDC. This is actually my Wife's gun.
I have carried it some. I'm using an N8 Tactical holster with a full sweat shield, so the optic makes no difference.

Texas is a hot place and I didn't want to "sweat" up my EDC / Optic.

I still have to send her XL out to MagnaPort for porting.

Blessings,
DocS

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
No, this isn't my EDC. This is actually my Wife's gun.
I have carried it some. I'm using an N8 Tactical holster with a full sweat shield, so the optic makes no difference.
View attachment 393218

Texas is a hot place and I didn't want to "sweat" up my EDC / Optic.

I still have to send her XL out to MagnaPort for porting.

Blessings,
DocS
I am loving that holster!...checkn them out right after I send this message.

How tight is the holster holding the gun? Looks as though would be a loose fit due to the material...assuming of course

·
Registered
195 Posts
I am loving that holster!...checkn them out right after I send this message.

How tight is the holster holding the gun? Looks as though would be a loose fit due to the material...assuming of course
The retention isn't super tight, but it's good for me.
I did previously order their "Professional".
It's got a full sweat shield as well and is partly Kydex. That holster requires the user to "twist" the grip to loosen the retention (so a bad guy can't pull your firearm out). The retention was so good that I was worried that should I need to draw my firearm, I might not be able to get it to release... I ended up sending it back...

The nice thing about this company is that they'll let you return them if you don't like it, so you aren't stuck with another holster for the drawer...

Blessings,
DocS

61 - 80 of 103 Posts