SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So annoyed!!..

the screws that came with slide and that hold the plate will not fit the shield red dot. The heads are too small.

The screws that came with the shield are to wide(threads won't fit diameter to big).

Can't mount the red dot!!

....***, now what......where do I get screws to mount???

Please help

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also the holes in the slide are not threaded...don't even have the option of mounting the shield red dot.

What am I missing here???

Only made for Romeo Zero?? Or sig red dot?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Arrghh! Sure wish they would standardize these mountings. SIG CS might be able to help. Hopefully, the threads in slide didn't get stripped out by the larger Shield screws.

If you can find out the correct thread and length you need; I've been able to get small cap screws in metric or standard size at a local Ace Hardware.

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Arrghh! Sure wish they would standardize these mountings. SIG CS might be able to help.

If you can find out the correct thread and length you need; I've been able to get small cap screws in metric or standard size at a local Ace Hardware.
The holes in the slide are not threaded though.

The plate was held in place with screws that screwed into the bottom of the rear sight.

The holes in slide are just holes...no way possible to mount the Shield Red Dot.

Really annoyed....

·
Registered
946 Posts
The holes in the slide are not threaded though.

The plate was held in place with screws that screwed into the bottom of the rear sight.

The holes in slide are just holes...no way possible to mount the Shield Red Dot.

Really annoyed....
Best to contact SIG CS ASAP. They'll make it right.
You're not the first SIG Beta Tester to get a wonky product. I'd guess Someone forgot to thread the mount holes. :rolleyes:
Just frustrating, I know.

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Arrghh! Sure wish they would standardize these mountings. SIG CS might be able to help. Hopefully, the threads in slide didn't get stripped out by the larger Shield screws.

Wait....your not understanding me, there are no threads in the holes bud. Nothing stripped lol.

The slide is just see through holes...the threads are in the rear sight.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sounds frustrating. I have started just sending my slides in to DP/Prim.Mach./Suarez or whoever has the shortest lead times, to get milled for a rmr. Not familiar with the 365 however if there is steel there to be threaded and the optic fits. Any machine shop can tap it for you. As far as the “recoil lugs” They aren’t necessary.

I had L&M retap my Xcarry for a DPP. I think it was $45

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm so confused by this slide. If this isn't some big screw up with this particular slide and all the slides are like this then.......whats the point?

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds frustrating. I have started just sending my slides in to DP/Prim.Mach./Suarez or whoever has the shortest lead times, to get milled for a rmr. Not familiar with the 365 however if there is steel there to be threaded and the optic fits. Any machine shop can tap it for you. As far as the “recoil lugs” They aren’t necessary.
Nah can't tap these holes...the holes' diameter are way too skinny and too close to other moving parts in slide.

Just spoke to Stewart at Sig...the ONLY optic that will mount on this 365X slide is the RomeoZero.

HUGE bummer....very disappointed.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nah can't tap these holes...the holes' diameter are way too skinny and too close to other moving parts in slide.

Just spoke to Stewart at Sig...the ONLY optic that will mount on this 365X slide is the RomeoZero.

HUGE bummer....very disappointed.

Does it not say that it works here? Or am I looking at the wrong slide?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yes, I see it. I'm not disagreeing with you. I have no need to call SIG. I didn't want one before but I definitely will never get one now. Sorry you spent time and money on this only to be disappointed. In my opinion, SIG should remove any mention of the other red dots from the page. Only causes confusion.

·
Registered
660 Posts
But under their websites Q&A a Sig CS rep did answer question as to what optics "direct mount to the slide". I can't imagine the P365X slide optic mount would be different than the XL. Isn't the Shield RMS-c supported on XL?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Someone's mixed up here.
How would the Romeo Zero fasten if there's no threads in the slide to screw into?
It's a brand new item. Sounds like the SIG CS Rep may not be fully informed.

Assuming it's like the cut on the P365XL, the holes in the lugs that stick up are supposed to be threaded.
How do I know? Because I mounted a Holosun HS 407K that has the 'Romeo Zero pattern' onto my P365XL. NO PROBLEM.
However, you gotta have the correct thread and correct length screw, or you'll strip the threads right out of the holes. If the screws are too long, they'll bottom out and again, strip the threads right out of the holes.

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Someone's mixed up here.
How would the Romeo Zero fasten if there's no threads in the slide to screw into?
It's a brand new item. Sounds like the SIG CS Rep may not be fully informed.

Assuming it's like the cut on the P365XL, the holes in the lugs that stick up are supposed to be threaded.
How do I know? Because I mounted a Holosun HS 407K that has the 'Romeo Zero pattern' onto my P365XL. NO PROBLEM.
However, you gotta have the correct thread and correct length screw, or you'll strip the threads right out of the holes. If the screws are too long, they'll bottom out and again, strip the threads right out of the holes.

Guy, sorry to say,, but you have no clue what your talking about. The only person confused here is you.

The RomeZero(the optic itself) has the threads in it. The screws go through the slide and then screw into the RomeoZero.

Others may fit the 365XL because the slide probably has larger threaded holes.

The 365x slide is NOT compatible with any other optic on the planet other than the RomeZero.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts