SIG Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine on my 365X died after a couple of months. It is my EDC and I can't be turning it off and on. I have tried to contact the Sig Optical group and left a voice mail and no reply. Contacted CS again and the rep sent an email directly to the contact I dealt with before. (It was to get a replacement as I could not adjust the elevation).

Now that I have a new battery, I have to zero it in again. Pain to do again!!!

So, I am not happy with the Romeo Zero battery life or CS. Sig advertises battery life is 20000 hours. Mine died after about 3000 hours.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dumped my Sig Zero for the same reason and replaced it with a Holosun 507k x2 green dot.
I would but being retired I have a limited budget to spend on my toys. I give Sig a chance to make it right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine on my 365X died after a couple of months. It is my EDC and I can't be turning it off and on. I have tried to contact the Sig Optical group and left a voice mail and no reply. Contacted CS again and the rep sent an email directly to the contact I dealt with before. (It was to get a replacement as I could not adjust the elevation).

Now that I have a new battery, I have to zero it in again. Pain to do again!!!

So, I am not happy with the Romeo Zero battery life or CS. Sig advertises battery life is 20000 hours. Mine died after about 3000 hours.

I second what Chiefneon said. I dumped the Zero and moved on to a Holosun 507K x2. Fits the gun perfect and no need to remove to change a battery, plus its built like a tank compared to the zero. I did have great customer service with Sig before i made the switch though. My Romeo zero's lens was all scratched up after EDC for 4 months. They responded right back and sent off a new one to me. It still sitting in the box if anyone wants to buy it!

·
Registered
164 Posts
The Zero is one of the cheapest made RMR's I have ever dealt with. It has a plastic lens, a plastic housing, and the "dot" often dies. It was expensive, but I went with a Shield by Trijicon on my 365 XL.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Sorry to hear. Might be an idea to source a battery locally. I’ve had good luck with Duracells.
At one time I used Duracell exclusively. Then at the recent Sig 365EDC event I was chatting with the owner of USA Targets who provided the Bluetooth linked timers for the tablets. He told us that he will not usen that manufacturer because they more than the others were prone to leak. Oddly enough I did have some leak but never paid much attention.

My Romeo Zero has been on continuously since May. That's with the factory battery which is going to be a bulk brand. 20,000 hours is guess. How often is it going into the sleep mode? Mine rarely does because living along it's in top of the refrigerator that "wakes" it ever time the door it open.

I'm expecting some minor re-zering after the battery is changed. Moreover, I want to verify the zero after removal.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Something must be wrong with yours, mine has more than a year with the first batt and still running...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No contact from Sig CS so i called them this morning. It was recorded in my file that I contacted them on 11/30 with no response from their optics group. Well instead of forwarding my call to optics, they are sending me a new Romeo Zero!!! All I need to do is to send the faulty one back with prepaid label. Hopefully this one is good!!! Only time will tell.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine seemed to eat batteries pretty quick. I thought that the shake awake was broken but dead batteries instead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem 365 XL with Romeo Zero. I found it easier to turn the Romero Zero off when is a prolonged state of non usae. My battery has held up much better.

·
Registered
17,913 Posts
I'll be watching the battery life on mine. So far I like it far better than any other red dot I've shot.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had the same problem 365 XL with Romeo Zero. I found it easier to turn the Romero Zero off when is a prolonged state of non usae. My battery has held up much better.
Have toi give that a try.

·
🎖USA Veteran Premium Member
3,007 Posts
No contact from Sig CS so i called them this morning. It was recorded in my file that I contacted them on 11/30 with no response from their optics group. Well instead of forwarding my call to optics, they are sending me a new Romeo Zero!!! All I need to do is to send the faulty one back with prepaid label. Hopefully this one is good!!! Only time will tell.
I'm glad you finally got it resolved (hopefully). I had an issue with my first Zero and Sig did a great job of rectifying it. It sounds like your case fell through the cracks. Good luck with the next one!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts