SIG Talk banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So I removed the reset spring, reassembled, and the gun functioned like the newer "reset springless" striker assembly. So far so good but wanted to verify it would work reliably so went to the range. Loaded and pushed out to target and....my Romeo was dead. Really ** me off as it's not that old. Needed new battery, which I installed when I got home. Same thing happened with my P229 R1P last week. 馃し馃徏

Cleaned the gun up and function checked. The safety is now working as if the striker reset spring is in place (it's not). WTH? Pulled and inspected striker, looks fine.

Scratching my head on this one.
So you fired it without a sight and it worked, the safety locked when decocked...and then it didn't?

Maybe something to do with the larger striker spring, supposedly the "new" springs coils are thicker or something to that effect. Odd never the less.

Premium Member
Correct.

I can order just the striker spring or a whole new assembly, but have no idea if it's the newest version. Obviously if just the new spring is all that's needed that'd be the least expensive way to go.

The assembly is on backorder at Sig, and that's probably the way to go when back in stock.

Premium Member
Update:

So....I pulled my 365X out to check and make sure the R0 was still working with the new battery. All good there after 1 whole day.

Rack, dry fired and checked to see if MS would engage. It wouldn't. Rinse, repeat same results. I don't know why, I think because how I was seated, I had been trying to engage the right side MS lever. For s&g tried the left side and it engaged (on a fired striker). Hmmm. I don't know if it's now consistent but after it "working" & not "working" with both levers I can now engage the MS in any condition. Not sure what was binding it up and the gun is clean & oiled.

I have a "new" striker assembly on the way so that'll go in when received.

Registered
Sig P365 tac pac with manual safety.
I have a new P365 and the manual safety worked perfectly right out of the box, unloaded and uncocked. Now for some reason the safety no longer clicks solidly into place with the flick of a thumb. Now I have to rack the slide just a little bit for the safety to fully engage. Otherwise the safety only goes about halfway into position. Am I doing something wrong that I wasn't doing before? Even when the safety is fully engaged it still feels like the trigger is a bit spongy rather than solidly locked.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I have a new P365 and the manual safety worked perfectly right out of the box, unloaded and uncocked. Now for some reason the safety no longer clicks solidly into place with the flick of a thumb. Now I have to rack the slide just a little bit for the safety to fully engage. Otherwise the safety only goes about halfway into position. Am I doing something wrong that I wasn't doing before? Even when the safety is fully engaged it still feels like the trigger is a bit spongy rather than solidly locked.
Manufacture date? Have you removed the striker to see if it has the small reset spring, I assume it doesn't if you were able to engage the safety when the striker is at rest? I'd be calling sig and honestly I'd rather have it operate the way my older two work, but each method works if it is repeatable. Racking the slide even just a little bit will reset the striker on my older ones allowing the safety to engage.

Registered
Sig P365 tac pac with manual safety.
Manufacture date? Have you removed the striker to see if it has the small reset spring, I assume it doesn't if you were able to engage the safety when the striker is at rest? I'd be calling sig and honestly I'd rather have it operate the way my older two work, but each method works if it is repeatable. Racking the slide even just a little bit will reset the striker on my older ones allowing the safety to engage.
It was manufactured in February 2021. I haven't removed the striker but I'll do that next. Racking the slide just a bit does work for engaging the safety. But it wasn't that way when I first got it out of the box which is why I was concerned. I'll contact Sig and see what they have to say about it. Thanks for the input, much appreciated!

Registered
Ok, just got off the phone with Sig, it's a rolling change and due to the little striker reset spring being removed from the striker.
I wonder why they decided to remove the reset spring? Was it not needed or did they remove it to address the problems with light strikes? Sometimes it seems like SIG is still developing this pistol...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Seems the recent striker I had purchased had the 2 cup retainer so possibly doing away with the one piece to resolve light strikes or I had received old stock, IDK? I'd rather see a manufacture continue development rather than sit back and have the crowd pass them by, provided their changes actually lead to some kind of improvement.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts