SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 365X no safety model, have a 365 and an XL both with manual safety's. On the 365 and XL when gun isn't cocked the safety will not lock into safety mode and that is typical of these models, when cocked and the safety engaged you can cycle the slide with no issues and the safety works preventing trigger pull.

Decided to swap the new X slide onto the XL module that has the safety and noticed a slightly different set of functions which also occurred when I put the X on the old 365 manual safety module. First difference, X not cocked the safety will easily engage and (second difference) the slide is locked into position and cannot be cycled (odd the other two don't do this) drop the safety and cycle the slide and the safety can then be engaged and the safety works locking the trigger and you then can also cycle the slide.

Comparing slides the striker on the 365 and XL are retained behind the safety plunger, not so on the X and the safety plunger is moving freely when depressed. Which makes me ponder if the new striker being absent of the smaller hidden spring that is underneath the plastic striker housing may be the cause of the new functions and I'm not saying its an issue.

So does yours do this new set of functions? Possibly related to the new modified striker assembly that is in the X model?

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
I added the MS to my P365X. Just like you said: "when gun isn't cocked the safety will not lock into safety mode and that is typical of these models, when cocked and the safety engaged you can cycle the slide with no issues and the safety works preventing trigger pull."

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I added the MS to my P365X. Just like you said: "when gun isn't cocked the safety will not lock into safety mode and that is typical of these models, when cocked and the safety engaged you can cycle the slide with no issues and the safety works preventing trigger pull."
So your X is operating like my XL and 365, hope baja reply's back to confirm his operation.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
So i just checked mine and if the striker is fired it will not let me put it on safe. Only when cocked can it be put on safe.

Dec 2019 build date if that matters any. It is also a factory manual safe gun.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So i just checked mine and if the striker is fired it will not let me put it on safe. Only when cocked can it be put on safe.

Dec 2019 build date if that matters any. It is also a factory manual safe gun.
Thank you for checking, this X has a July 2021 date. Seems I'll be reaching out to Sig and see what they have to say as this one when the striker is fired the manual safety can be easily fully engaged it to lock. This manual of arms seems to be following the slide as it did the same with my regular 365 manual safety module as well.

Just to note I haven't disassembled this X at all yet to date short of a typical initial clean up of factory grease and cleaned the barrel as it was obviously test fired. The positioning of the striker safety plunger compared to my other two certainly has peaked my interest as well as, I need to confirm if this is another rolling change or an issue as well and a potential source of the function difference of the safety.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ok, just got off the phone with Sig, it's a rolling change and due to the little striker reset spring being removed from the striker. So not a defect for the manual safety to now engage when the striker has been fired/at rest. Sig released an internal memo yesterday the CS girl informed as we spoke.

Thought the hive may want to know!

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Great work Rock and way to go on the why.

So the new normal is:

There is no little spring resulting in not cocked the safety will easily engage and the slide is locked into position and cannot be cycled. Disengage the safety and the slide can then be cycled (cocking the trigger) & the safety engaged. Once the slide is cycled cocking the trigger the safety can then be re-engaged locking the trigger and the slide can be cycled (because trigger is now cocked).

If I have this right this is functionally I'd like to have. I actually posted about the lack of it a few months ago & caught a little flack about why I would want the safety to work like this. Let's just leave it as being my preference.

Though I've had my 365X slide apart, it was before any of this came up. Can I just remove the spring in question or do I need to replace the striker as well?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Customer service mentioned that the new operating feature is with newly produced models and not the originally produced X's, I recall hearing about the modified striker assembly about a month maybe two ago. I personally wouldn't go removing that reset spring as I recall whomever made mention of the change that the actual striker spring has been modified as well. On the other hand if you were to procure the newest model striker assembly for the X I would assume you may be pleasantly rewarded.

I also noticed when I had the my 3 pistols apart, it appeared the RSA spring may have been modified as well as the coils didn't seem to be as thick on the outer spring as my older two.
@Poppastar

·
Registered
807 Posts
My M18 (2020 make) safety works this way. The safety can be engaged no matter what the striker position is. My 2020 P365 the safety can only be engaged when the striker is ready to fire, like others have noted. TG

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Found the thread:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've seen a lot of ms talk about the 365. Mine does not have it, what have I ignored or missed that keeps me from wanting a ms?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've seen a lot of ms talk about the 365. Mine does not have it, what have I ignored or missed that keeps me from wanting a ms?
For one the freedom to reholster with less trepidation, awib carriers at times may ponder the unlikely event of a mostly cocked striker failing when a barrel is pointed at your junk or pocket carriers wanting that extra level of safety when blindly reaching into your pocket to retrieve their heater. Oh then there's the unlikely event that someone gets a hold your ms firearm in a scuffle, I would venture to guess most wouldn't even know how to operate it, lol.

Glock guys just ignore all of the above. lol

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thought I would miss a manual safety, since I’ve trained most of my life with 1911’s. Turns out, I didn’t miss it. ( I do still sweep my thumb when I come on target sometimes). I am a little more safety conscious though, when I handle this weapon outside of the holster. My holster and my finger are my safety, with the P365. It works for me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Cool, I didn't know if there were some undisclosed safety issue that I wasn't aware of. I've always preferred no ms myself in these striker fired guns. That's the main reason why I never could get myself to get a Ruger SR9-c. Loved the ergos, hated the safety.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Wait so the newest version you can put on safe with the striker decocked but it will not allow you to then rack the slide? That is bad!

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
So I removed the reset spring, reassembled, and the gun functioned like the newer "reset springless" striker assembly. So far so good but wanted to verify it would work reliably so went to the range. Loaded and pushed out to target and....my Romeo was dead. Really ****** me off as it's not that old. Needed new battery, which I installed when I got home. Same thing happened with my P229 R1P last week. 🤷🏼

Cleaned the gun up and function checked. The safety is now working as if the striker reset spring is in place (it's not). WTH? Pulled and inspected striker, looks fine.

Scratching my head on this one.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts