SIG Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watched the "disassembly" video because I was afraid I'd destroy the take-down lever, (It doesn't disassemble QUITE like the P320) and then replaced the grip assembly in less than one minute.

The new grip FEELS perfect, but my XL 10 round (NY) mags have not arrived yet, so I can't give a full report. I have an Idea I'll like this set up even better than my original P365.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Stinks you have to wait on your reduced capacity magazines! As far a the XL grip goes, it has made a big difference for me in how much better I handle the P365. Best of luck with your new 'XL' configuration!

·
Registered
39 Posts
You can also go to tactical development and order some base plates for your p365 10 round mags. So no then you can use those too if you'd like.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Here's the link and pics to the Tactical Development baseplates that Cheong_Fun mentioned. I added them to my original P365 10-round magazines so I could use them in my XL grip. Better than not using them at all.

·
Registered
53 Posts
^^maybe just me but dropping the Pro Ledge magazine version gets hang up on the palm but I don't have the same problem with the flat base.

·
Registered
622 Posts
It's my thinking that anyone with large hands, that isn't worried about printing while concealed carrying, will prefer the XL grip module, whether it's being used with a P365 or a P365XL slide. If they don't like the beavertail, it can easily be cut off and sanded smooth.

·
Registered
977 Posts
It's my thinking that anyone with large hands, that isn't worried about printing while concealed carrying, will prefer the XL grip module, whether it's being used with a P365 or a P365XL slide. If they don't like the beavertail, it can easily be cut off and sanded smooth.
I carry an XL grip module with P365 slide in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster - no 'printing' at all with cargo shorts (12-round magazine). I wouldn't expect the same result if I used a 15-rounder.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mags arrived yesterday, and I also ordered ONE 365 mag extension to see how I like it.

XL Frame FEELS great in my hand, but haven't shot it yet.

Reactions: 1eyedjack

·
Registered
39 Posts
It can print just like anything. Position you carry, body type, and clothing all play a role.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Finally got to the range with my "new" 365X yesterday. While the P365 was "Right On", I was pulling my shots 2-3" Right with the 365XL frame (at 10 yards). I can't believe that Grip Module affects my trigger discipline so drastically!!!

·
Registered
464 Posts
I received my xl frame Tuesday (I think). Got a 12 round mag and 2 baseplates for the P365 12 round mags this morning. To be honest, I don’t know if it’s any better other than the mag release is much better. So now I have the P365 and the P365 with xl frame. I guess I will get a few of those adapters for the 10 rounders. I have kind of defeated the purpose of having a spare for my P365. Oh well, I can easily change it back if I don’t like it and would only need to get one baseplate for the xl mag I bought. Guess I need to shoot it and carry it some. It is nice to be able to change things up without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
While visiting VT from NE NY this week, I picked up a couple XL mags. They included floorplate adapters to use 'em in the 365.

I brought them home and added an empty case UNDER the follower to bring the capacity down to ten. Still may not be legal in NY because it's not a PERMANENT modification, but it's a try. 12 & 15 rounders were all the Burlington LGS had.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got back to the range Wednesday, was more careful with
my grip and trigger finger.

At 10 yards:

NOW, to PRACTICE so that becomes natural!

Reactions: 1eyedjack
1 - 15 of 15 Posts