SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 365 SAS a couple weeks ago. My first trip to the range at 21' with the Dot centered in the Halo, I was grouping 7" left and about 1" high. If I set the Dot just touching the right side of the Halo, I could hit the Bullseye at 21'. After reading some of the posts here, I measured the gap of the front area of the sight in the slide with a feeler gauge. the left side of the slide at the front of the sight in the slide measures .012 and the right side was TIGHT against the slide - Zero clearance. I broke both mounting screws loose with a T8 Torx and set the .012 feeler gauge blade into the front right side of the slide between the front of the sight and the slide and LEFT IT IN THERE while I tightened the mounting screws.
this will stop the sight from yawing to the right with the force of the mounting screws tightening clockwise.

The sight is now DEAD ON at 21' - Excellent, tight groups all day!
You can even shoot a decent, centered group at 50'.

Take a feeler gage and check the forward right side of your SAS... Of you don't have .010 or .012 clearance, you may have the same problem my gun had straight out of the box.
I hope this helps anyone who is grouping everything WAY left. :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Why would it be any different than the regular P365?

I was complaining that my 365 was not tight at 15 yards on a sheet of printer paper, until my buddy held the sheet up to his chest and said "See, they ALL worked!"

·
Registered
918 Posts

I was complaining that my 365 was not tight at 15 yards on a sheet of printer paper, until my buddy held the sheet up to his chest and said "See, they ALL worked!"
Totally agree with ur buddy, while I'm not an expert shot with my P365 SAS I do hit inside of the human silhouette target enough to defend myself and respond to the threat.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Great observation on finding out what was causing the trouble. Glad it's up and running true now.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Totally agree with ur buddy, while I'm not an expert shot with my P365 SAS I do hit inside of the human silhouette target enough to defend myself and respond to the threat.
You should be practicing using silhouette targets. It gets you accustomed to shooting at a man-shaped target rather than a nice circle. Your attacker won’t have a nice circle painted on his torso, and your natural tendency will be to NOT shoot another human being. Train at least somewhat like you fight.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts

4 rounds to the heart will still most likely give the perp 4-6 seconds of useful consciousness. Spread them to heart, aorta, both lungs, maybe vertebrae, you have a real possibility of (a) cutting that UC back, and (b) doing more damage so having the impact shock cause the perp to pause a moment. It’s why you don’t shoot until you think they’re dead, you shoot until they think they’re dead. No more threat. (Delta protocol for homicide bombers to not trigger their vests despite being dead.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts