SIG Talk banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Looks like they're using Siglite sights on the 380, NOT the X-Ray-3's that are on the 9mm P365.

When the P365 first came out in early 2018, they used Siglites and apparently a lot of tritium bulbs were failing, so they upgraded to the X-Ray-3's. Same issue I had on my P290rs (micro 9 predecessor). Went through 3 front Siglite sights until SIG finally sent me a set of X-Ray-3's to fix the problem. So much more visible and durable IMO.

Maybe Sig figures the lower recoil of 380 won't be so hard on 'em?? Maybe they still have a lot of leftovers in the parts bin?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
187 Posts
This will be the gun that replaces my SCCY CPX-3, and maybe even my P290RS.

Ok, probably not the P290RS.

·
🎖US Army Veteran Premium Member
2,719 Posts
You never know, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Even if they introduce it, Sig seems to be stuck on limited editions which kills my interest.

·
Registered
946 Posts
What is the future price/availability of 380 vs 9mm? Might be a consideration, unless the 9mm just doesn't work for you.

However, I like the thought that IF (BIG IF) you could just swap slide/barrel/recoil spring magazines into the same grip/FCU; it would be awesome to have both options.

Even better IF it was engineered so just the barrel/RSA/and Mags would swap into the same Slide/Lower receiver. 😁

·
Registered
722 Posts
A couple of years ago, SIG took the micro P290rs 9mm and made it also available in 380. Discontinued less than a year later. Does anyone remember it or own one?? :confused:

Yes, I have a P290 in .380...

·
Registered
946 Posts
A couple of years ago, SIG took the micro P290rs 9mm and made it also available in 380. Discontinued less than a year later. Does anyone remember it or own one?? :confused:

Yes, I remember it well. At one time I actually had (4) 290rs but I never personally saw the need for one in 380. JMO
It wasn't a popular gun because for many the DAO trigger with it's long hard DA pull and even longer reset was difficult for many to shoot, unless you had learned on Double Action revolvers.

But in the right hands, it was a surprisingly accurate little pistol, very safe for deep concealment, with 2 to 4 more rounds than a 5 shot J-frame.

However, IMHO the 290rs in 380 didn't really solve the above issues.

Traded/sold mine toward the (4) P365 variants I currently happily own. 😁

·
Registered
187 Posts

Yes, I own the P290RS in .380. I have worsening CMC arthritis in the base of the thumb of my shooting hand, and have finally reached the point where I can no longer tolerate shooting and manipulating my Glock 26, so the SIG has become my EDC. It's a fine pistol. I will be shooting a Shield 9 EZ next week to see if I can handle it, but if not, my 9mm days are coming to an end. I'm very much looking forward to the release of the P365-380, although I will be keeping the P290RS no matter what. Here it is:

·
🎖US Army Veteran Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Yes, I own the P290RS in .380. I have worsening CMC arthritis in the base of the thumb of my shooting hand, and have finally reached the point where I can no longer tolerate shooting and manipulating my Glock 26, so the SIG has become my EDC. It's a fine pistol. I will be shooting a Shield 9 EZ next week to see if I can handle it, but if not, my 9mm days are coming to an end. I'm very much looking forward to the release of the P365-380, although I will be keeping the P290RS no matter what. Here it is:

View attachment 383778
Good luck with your arthritis. Having it in your hands is a terrible place for a shooter to have it. Please let us know what you think of the Shield EZ.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looks like they're using Siglite sights on the 380, NOT the X-Ray-3's that are on the 9mm P365.

When the P365 first came out in early 2018, they used Siglites and apparently a lot of tritium bulbs were failing, so they upgraded to the X-Ray-3's. Same issue I had on my P290rs (micro 9 predecessor). Went through 3 front Siglite sights until SIG finally sent me a set of X-Ray-3's to fix the problem. So much more visible and durable IMO.

Maybe Sig figures the lower recoil of 380 won't be so hard on 'em?? Maybe they still have a lot of leftovers in the parts bin?? :rolleyes:
I had to send a P365 in for a dead front night sight of the X-Ray variety.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I waited and waited but have lost interest in one. I would up getting a Shield Plus for my wife and she loves it. I'd rather see her carry a 9mm over a 380. The Shield Plus is a great gun that shoots well, accurate, nice trigger and great grip plus 10 and 13 round mags

101 - 118 of 118 Posts