SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

365 front sight

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  cremaley 
#1 ·
I know it isn't a target pistol but has anyone found the X3 front green dot too large?

Also, what sight picture are they set up for? Float the bull, cover half, or black out the bull?

Thanks! I still haven't been able to hold one.

#2 ·
I would say the front sight is just about perfect combined with the rear sight. Personally I prefer a black rear, fiber optic front combo and the 365 sights give sort of that feel since the rear sight tritium inserts arent outlined in white like the regular siglite night sights are. The big green front sight is pretty easy to pick up in the sun.

My 365 is shooting basically point of aim to just slightly high with certain ammo. That said, Sig advertises their guns as being setup from the factory with combat sight picture, meaning cover the target . Interestingly, my 938 shoots to about the same sight picture as my 365 does.

#4 · (Edited)
Every Sig is a target gun. Its more the shooter, and not the gun, providing its a quality gun that produces accuracy. I had to prove this when the P938 came out and initial testers said it was "inaccurate and hard to shoot"...:confused: I had to make a video years ago of the P938 making one ragged hole at 15 yards. Then dumping a rapid fire at 15 yards the size of a tennis ball. Sig makes all their guns very accurate regardless of size.

The sight picture on the P365 is, front sight slightly covering up a small quarter size target at 10 yards. You will get one ragged hole and head shots are no harder to take with the P365 as a P226.

10 shots in the IPSC head target

The P938 doesnt seem so small now the P365 is out. (Just for fun, I was a RO at a local IDPA match and at the end I ran through it with the P938. I would have came in 2nd only because of all the mag changes I had to do:D)

The P320SC seem enormous now.:p

The take away is, the small guns will shoot just as accurate as the full size guns providing you do your part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.