SIG Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
USPS delivered on time. 2 mins with my tiny watch tools and the Zev mag release is all installed. It sticks out pretty far, but it's really nice. It's a perfect color match to the stock MIM components. I can completely retain my firing grip and only need to move my thumb to release the mag - I'm going to need to re-train myself, I chuckled at my muscle memory a few times already. 100% worth getting.

Some quick tests:

• I can place the gun with the mag release face down and press as hard as I can on the gun against a table (flat surface) and it will not release the mag. (I do have a TLR7 sub and manual safety)
  • I also tried pressing down as hard as I can with my support hand while in a firing grip to get the mag to release but failed to do so to. Then I inched my support hand forward pressing as I went to see how far I'd need my support hand forward to activate the mag release. Answer: super far forward. Thankfully my palm will never even get close to releasing the mag. No worries there.
It's good to know what it takes to release the mag. Next I'll try holstering it and pressing it against my body to see what it takes to activate it.

So far, this thing is sweet.

View attachment 426196 View attachment 426197
View attachment 426198 View attachment 426199
View attachment 426200 View attachment 426201 View attachment 426202
Looks great. I just ordered the Zev. How do you like the Hogue grip? I have issues with the mag getting snagged on the meat of my hand when doing mag changes and hope the Hogue coupled with the WC grip module remedies that issue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
thought I'd share another update on the ZEV extended mag release I bought. I had some time this afternoon, so I did grind it down significantly:
  • entirely removed the rearward "shelf/ledge" extension
  • then also from there, beveled the rear facing surface/edge significantly - including rounding and lowering the rear facing corners
  • then smooth the worked-on area with 400 grit
What I found was that even with the rearward extended shelf removed, the ZEV is close to 1.5mm higher than the vurrwapen I had installed on another P365 - it is that noticeable/different. I have the AC inbound so will measure that against the ZEV. The vuurwapen does help vs. factory sig, but it's not "wow" (I do like it though). And nothing wrong with the ZEV other than it does not, as designed, work in my specific situation (hand/finger size, grip etc). My at-the-bench assessment of the ground down ZEV is that it's pretty good:
  • a bit easier to actuate vs. the vuurwapen, and greatly better than factory sig.
  • question is whether it will dig into my support (left) hand palm - don;t think it will due to the beveling and lower corner surfaces.
Will shoot it this weekend and we'll see.
I feel that way about the Armory Craft and decided to give Zev a try.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts