SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this has been already posted but I didn't find it. GrayGuns is selling an extended mag release for all 365 variations. I'm thinking of getting one put have not ordered it yet so I have no idea if these are really an improvement.

馃帠USA Veteran
Yea I received the email as well. Looks like the Armorycraft or the german sounding one Vur something or other.

Registered
I just installed the Armorycraft release in my XL. Just slightly bigger than stock but a big difference.

FWIW, I also reversed it to release with my index finger because I've become accustomed to the paddle release on my VP9 over the past few years.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Premium Member
I too, just bought the Vuurwapen extended mag release on ebay from Omaha outdoors.

Works great for me. $25 for straight serrations and $35 for pyramid.

Registered
From this post and others regarding extended P365 mag releases, there seem to be 4 options out there:
Vuurwapen, Armory craft, grayguns, and lakeline. Just this morning I put in a Vuurwapen version I recently bought to try it and see. Install was easy after watching a video, and I assume all others will be as well. I like it a lot as I can hit release without adjusting grip and mag drops free (my palm stays out of the way now). I've got a 2 hr live fire "carry" class this sunday to try it out at - but I will get them for my others. My question is if anyone has assessed whether there are any detectable differences between the 4? I know some buttons come with serrations or "pyramids", but beyond that any differences in: added height, shape of the surface, or...? Any thoughts?

Registered
I just got finished checking fit in holsters to evaluate potential mag release interference (I have 5 OWB, and 8 IWB - some are only 365, some are 365 & XL). For the holsters I have, if the holster doesn't cover the release there is no interference. However, for holster designs that do have kydex covering the release button I noticed varying degrees of fit that could lead to unintentional pressure on the button releasing the mag. 4 of my 5 OWB, and 1/2 (4) of my IWB holster designs do not have material covering the release (so no issue with extended button). The other 1 OWB (safariland), and the other 4 IWB I carefully cut away (dremel) just enough material preventing contact with the button - and I squeezed the holster hard trying. These modifications won't affect any of the holsters - but will give confidence. So, seems to depend on holster design and if the mag release button is covered. The benefit of the extended release, for me, way outweighs taking 5 mins to modify the holster.

Registered
From this post and others regarding extended P365 mag releases, there seem to be 4 options out there:
Vuurwapen, Armory craft, grayguns, and lakeline.
Zev offers one as well:
Zev P365 extended magazine release

I don't have it, but I like that it extends a bit further back. On my P320's, I use the Springer Precision paddle release which has the similar idea. Has anyone tried the Zev release on their P365?

Registered
馃帠USMC, Retired
OK, noted. I'm certainly going to be adding this feature to mine as the stock release is a bit "challenging" with my grip.

Thanks for the info and links!

Reactions: elm3c and spredvan

Registered
Zev offers one as well:

I don't have it, but I like that it extends a bit further back. On my P320's, I use the Springer Precision paddle release which has the similar idea. Has anyone tried the Zev release on their P365?
I just received my ZEV365 stripped slide. I'm interested in hearing more about the extended mag release. Maybe I'll go with it vs the standard Sig part.

Registered
Zev offers one as well:

I actually have one on the way to me, so I can update you on that shortly. I bought it specifically for the added benefit of the extra ledge. I have no concerns of it accidentally being depressed since I run my EDC with a TLR7 sub, which is notorious for being super wide, but that also means that my holsters/body won't come close to the mag release because of the extra width and clearance.

Registered
I just looked at the ZEV extended mag release on their website, but it doesn't say what it's made out of, or treated with/finish etc. So, does anyone know these details?

Registered
I just looked at the ZEV extended mag release on their website, but it doesn't say what it's made out of, or treated with/finish etc. So, does anyone know these details?
The zev extended mag release is 17-4 stainless. Not sure what coating it has but I know they work with Sig on designing their products, so you can rest assured the coating will be up to standards. Mine is arriving tomorrow according to USPS, but I'm telling myself maybe Sat due to the holidays.

Found a few pics comparing the Zev vs OEM:

Registered
I actually have one on the way to me, so I can update you on that shortly. I bought it specifically for the added benefit of the extra ledge. I have no concerns of it accidentally being depressed since I run my EDC with a TLR7 sub, which is notorious for being super wide, but that also means that my holsters/body won't come close to the mag release because of the extra width and clearance.
Thanks! Just ordered the Zev for my P365XL as well. Hoping it works for me, with the extended ledge. Please let me know what you think of it. I will likely add the TLR-7 sub as well. What holster are you using for the combo with the TLR-7 sub?

Registered
Thanks! Just ordered the Zev for my P365XL as well. Hoping it works for me, with the extended ledge. Please let me know what you think of it. I will likely add the TLR-7 sub as well. What holster are you using for the combo with the TLR-7 sub?
It's easy for me to tell if it will work or not. Try this. Grip the gun with a normal firing grip, now move only your thumb to actuate the mag release and note where your thumb lies in relation to the mag release. Now imagine if there was an extra ledge there... Will it help you, or will it not affect anything (does your thumb reach past the ledge and make it useless)? For me, it would be perfect so I decided to go with Zev.

I have a few holsters. Werkz M6 + Enigma Express, MIE Productions Javelin + LB Enigma, and Tier1C Axis Elite (all open muzzle so it works with P365, P365 XL, or any compensator/threaded barrels).

I had a Trex arms sidecar 2.0 (returned for full refund due to design defect) and have a Divito's Custom Standard IWB holster on the way. I really want to attach that one to the Enigma Express and try to replace the Werkz M6. The Werkz is good, but it is way too wide due to the attachment holes. Sometimes when I sit down, I can feel that squared edge hitting me.

JMCK (AIWB Wing Claw 2.5 Light-Bearing Holster) is another good option - which is also Enigma compatible. Just through grapevine though - no first-hand experience with it.

My current setup is the Werkz M6 + Express Enigma. For me it just works by far the best. It's more comfy than the tier1 and also conceals better. I wear it with a kydex spare mag holder, so it has the same capabilities as the Tier1C. The enigma conceals so much better that I print less with the Enigma in a tight shirt and gym shorts than with the Tier1C in loose clothes and jeans. I can even put both hands on my hips and lean back and I still won't print with the Enigma.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts