SIG Talk banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
P365
69 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Jizmo3. Ditto to what everyone else has said. All of my mags (the two 10s that came standard, plus the 12 I added) were bears to load fully. I’ve got two loaders, the uplula plus the makers. The mags have loosened up now, so I don’t need the loaders anymore, but still use them about a third of the time.
Btw, don’t let anyone give you guff about using a loader assist: I recently rewatched a hickock45 review of the p365 and noticed that he used an uplula. If it’s good enough for him ......

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I have put thousands of rounds through the 3 sig 320 compacts mags. Not much lately. I still use the uplula to load them. It is faster for me and less strain on me. I could load them manually but why, as I stated above it is easier with the uplula.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I also found that the 12rd mag was more difficult to load than the 15 rd mag.

Buy a magazine loader. If you have the money, and especially if you own multiple pistols or different brands or calibers, most people think that the Maglula UpLula is the best and it is also a universal loader.

However, if you only have one pistol and are on a tighter budget and/or want something smaller than the UpLula, a Makershot loader for $12.99 is a good loader. At the moment they are having a buy one, get the 2nd loader for 50% off sale.

I bought the Makershot loader specifically because the UpLula was too large to fit into my lockbox, along with my P365. I trimmed down a couple of lips on the Makershot to make it even smaller.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
1--They loosen up. 2--Get an uplula. Get one in orange or yellow so you can find it in your range bag when loading in lower light (like at an indoor range or out of your trunk or in the shed at a class). Then when you realize how ridiculously awesome they are, get a second one for home/safe use Color of the second one does not matter as much since you will have it inside your house.

·
Registered
246 Posts
1--They loosen up. 2--Get an uplula. Get one in orange or yellow so you can find it in your range bag when loading in lower light (like at an indoor range or out of your trunk or in the shed at a class). Then when you realize how ridiculously awesome they are, get a second one for home/safe use Color of the second one does not matter as much since you will have it inside your house.
Good point! I have a dark green one that I have to find by feel, in my bag at the indoor range.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
They do loosen up. I have 12's and 15's.

Load as many in as you can and let them sit for a few days.
No, they DO NOT LOOSEN UP! I have eight 12 round P365 mags. Only 2 accepted 12 rounds, on the first loading. The other 6 mags only allowed 11 rounds, with a Maglula loader. Kept them filled with 11 rounds more than TWO MONTHS, still would not allow the 12 advertised rounds. Finally called Sig requesting replacements, and was told that the springs were changed (strengthened) and the replacement mags would only hold 11, and MAYBE if after shooting MANY ROUNDS, they MIGHT hold 12.
With today’s ammo price that is impractical, and not even guaranteed.
My 12 and 15 rounders for my P365 XL work as advertised. The P365 12 rounder DO NOT HOLD 12, even after two months fully loaded.

·
Registered
518 Posts
No, they DO NOT LOOSEN UP! I have eight 12 round P365 mags. Only 2 accepted 12 rounds, on the first loading. The other 6 mags only allowed 11 rounds, with a Maglula loader. Kept them filled with 11 rounds more than TWO MONTHS, still would not allow the 12 advertised rounds. Finally called Sig requesting replacements, and was told that the springs were changed (strengthened) and the replacement mags would only hold 11, and MAYBE if after shooting MANY ROUNDS, they MIGHT hold 12.
My 12 and 15 rounders for my P365 XL work as advertised. The P365 12 rounder DO NOT HOLD 12, even after two months fully loaded.
Mine hold what they're supposed to and they DID loosen up. There have been a few other posts about some of these magazines not accepting their rated capacity, so I guess it started happening after I got mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine hold what they're supposed to and they DID loosen up. There have been a few other posts about some of these magazines not accepting their rated capacity, so I guess it started happening after I got mine.
I haven’t put many rounds through my 365, but loading the mags is tough. BUT I’m also having a problem racking the slide. I see YouTube videos with people racking slides nonchalantly and without any visible effort, but mine is so stiff I can hardly do it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
As many have said previously, the next investment should be the Uplula Loader, love it, real thumb saver. All my 10, 12, 15 rd mags were very stiff. I loaded, unloaded, reloaded all my mags many times to full capacity with the Uplula, and yes the last round did need a little extra pressure on some of the mags. I then left them all loaded. And yes they do loosen up.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I haven’t put many rounds through my 365, but loading the mags is tough. BUT I’m also having a problem racking the slide. I see YouTube videos with people racking slides nonchalantly and without any visible effort, but mine is so stiff I can hardly do it.
Different thing there. There are other threads discussing stiff slides. A popular cure is to rack it back and forth a few hundred times or shoot it a lot. More info on those other threads.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Our Man Flint, then In Like Flint. Starring James Coburn.
Partied on his yacht in Monte Carlo in 1989 when I was 2nd in command of a destroyer making a port visit. My Captain wasn’t a party guy, so he sent me. Good times - great guy - well aged beverages. Then came Desert Storm later that summer. No more port visits!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I dunno about all that.

This was brand new as of Wednesday night, fresh retail box from Cabela's, they had 2 in stock.

I used a little 3d printed mag loader I printed myself.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
518 Posts
I dunno about all that.

This was brand new as of Wednesday night, fresh retail box from Cabela's, they had 2 in stock.

I used a little 3d printed mag loader I printed myself.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk
Well, D-I-Y has entered a new era! We'd like to see pictures of your new loader! :cool:

21 - 40 of 40 Posts