SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please tell me that thing loosens up. I have a p365 and a p220 Legion SAO. The p220 45acp mags are stiff but doable. The 365 I can load the ten and even the fifteen but the twelve is giving me the middle finger.

·
Registered
105 Posts
They do loosen up. I have 12's and 15's.

Load as many in as you can and let them sit for a few days.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,290 Posts
I kept mine loaded and they finally loosened up.

·
Registered
381 Posts
They loosen, but I'd rather not "strain" to load a mag, so always use an Uplula loader.
Yes. Use the Uplula loader, load all 12 in there...and then keep them there.

The only time my 12 round mag is empty is when I empty it at the range on a target...and then I immediately fill it again. My 12 rounder has been filled for three years now. I can also load it fully by hand now but, even after three years, using the Uplula is easier.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yep, they do loosen up. I can load mine by hand, but I have a bit of arthritis, so I don't. Uplula for me.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having the same issue with my new SAS. I find both 10s and the 12 hard to load in the last round. I am keeping all mags loaded and each evening, I unload and reload with a MakerShot speed loader to exercise the springs. I can tell they are loosening up, based on the effort required to seat the mag into the frame and to rack the slide.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
I am having the same issue with my new SAS. I find both 10s and the 12 hard to load in the last round. I am keeping all mags loaded and each evening, I unload and reload with a MakerShot speed loader to exercise the springs. I can tell they are loosening up, based on the effort required to seat the mag into the frame and to rack the slide.
I have an Aug 2020 SAS and a Feb 2021 MS. ALL my mags, 10’s, 12’s and 15’s loosened up to a normal resistance after 4 or 5 cycles. I’ve not had success with storing them loaded. I had to shoot them.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
The 12 is my favorite! A couple of range trips, and it was in like Flint!
Bad water?
Just showing my age. In Like Flint was a 1967 movie starring James Coburn during the era when every movie coming out of Hollyweird was a spy movie. The title was a take-off on the slang line, "In like Flynn" (meaning generally to be quickly or especially successful. Possibly a reference to the notorious womanizer, Errol Flynn).

1 - 20 of 40 Posts