SIG Talk banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks. Good to know it will not just become a pound and a half anchor weight! I have really like the P229 in 357 sig! TG

·
Registered
232 Posts
I only jumped into SIG and P320 a little over a year ago. Got mine in 9 due to work, got a .40 kit for off duty and a .357 barrel just because. Of the three, I enjoy shooting the .357 the most, but actually shoot it the least. Most of the lead going down range leaves the little bigger holes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I only jumped into SIG and P320 a little over a year ago. Got mine in 9 due to work, got a .40 kit for off duty and a .357 barrel just because. Of the three, I enjoy shooting the .357 the most, but actually shoot it the least. Most of the lead going down range leaves the little bigger holes.
I love shooting .357 Sig at the range.. if some yahoo reaches out too far beyond the dividers and starts tossing brass my way, I just switch out to .357 and crack off 10 or so fireballs and they back up real quick. 😂

·
Registered
97 Posts
I love shooting .357 Sig at the range.. if some yahoo reaches out too far beyond the dividers and starts tossing brass my way, I just switch out to .357 and crack off 10 or so fireballs and they back up real quick. 😂

Gads, I thought I was the only one with such fiendish thoughts!

·
Registered
685 Posts
There is a very slight possibility that a BarSto 9mm conversion barrel for a 40 S&W slide COULD be rechambered to 357 Sig since it's larger in diameter than an OEM 9mm barrel.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I’ve always considered the .357 Sig as kind of a 9mm Magnum. It has most of the same characteristics as a .357 Magnum in its 125 gr round, goes fast in its normal loading, and appears to be hell on wheels on BG’s. ?What’s not to love.

·
Registered
30 Posts
While I don't have a SIG .357 Sig, I did really fall head over heels in love with the .357 Sig idea, especially when Target Sports USA had all of that Speer Lawman fmj at $14.99 and Gold Dots at $19.99, both in 50 rd boxes! That was (of course) several years ago, but I still have three .50 cal cans full of it now, to feed my Gen 3 G32C and my G35 (with KKM .357 conversion barrel). That G32C is the most effectively compensated carry pistol I've ever fired.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have toyed with the idea of getting a .357 Sig barrel for my 229 as a super cold weather round based on the more reliable feeding. Still on the fence, the ammo is super expensive at the moment.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Who’s still producing 357 guns other than Glock? They’ll probably phase out as well. No announcement in gen5 yet. Are the air marshals still using p229s in 357?

i sold all my 357 guns but still have ammo. I’m looking to get an old p239 in 357 or i should just abandon the ammo since i reload for .45.
So you have some 357sig ammo you could sell?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love my p320 carry in 357sig. it's my carry gun it only has a 14÷1 but if you hit your target there gonna feel it. I love shooting that Pistol I think it's just a bit more recoil than the 9mm. I'm 65 yrs old and I am disabled so I'm not able to run or flight from a threat so I need to have a carry gun to stop the threat and I hope that Sig Sauer keeps the 357sig it would be so disappointing if they drop it. I'm always able to change it to another caliber in p320 but the whole reason I bought the p320 carry to get the 357 caliber.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If anyones looking for one I have a .357 barrel for a P226...I got the gun as a gift and converted it to .40 right away as I had other .40 guns.

Reactions: Te7as

·
Registered
29 Posts
Who’s still producing 357 guns other than Glock? They’ll probably phase out as well. No announcement in gen5 yet. Are the air marshals still using p229s in 357?

i sold all my 357 guns but still have ammo. I’m looking to get an old p239 in 357 or i should just abandon the ammo since i reload for .45.
Unload your Sig 357 ammo to me if you like.
Let me know what you want for them. Hope you have a lot!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Last I heard N.C. Highway patrol used the 229's in 357 sig. I have the barrel for my 229 which is how it is currently set up. I really like it Even if Sig does stop production at some future time there will be lots of them in the used markt as agencies up grade.

Reactions: Devereaux

·
Registered
62 Posts
hauki,
Just get extra barrels. No need to buy an entire slide assembly. I have a few Sigs chambered in .40 but I also have .357sig barrels and 9mm Conversion barrels from EFK Firedragon for each of them. I can shoot 3 different rounds through the same pistol. I really like the .357SIG the best but it is so darn expensive!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Last I heard N.C. Highway patrol used the 229's in 357 sig. I have the barrel for my 229 which is how it is currently set up. I really like it Even if Sig does stop production at some future time there will be lots of them in the used markt as agencies up grade.
Me too. I almost never shoot the .40 barrel. Sometimes I put a 228 slide/barrel and locking block on it and carry 9, but usually it's .357. I practice with frangible ammo.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I spoke to Sig today about a missing order. While waiting To speak to them I thought of a couple questions that may play into this post and the other post about 40 S&W. Granted it was just a customer service rep and he may not be in the know but thought I would pass it along...

(Q) Is the 2021 catalog available yet?
(A) No they are making final approvals of it.

(Q) Are there any new Legions coming out in 2021?
(A) There were plans but with the pandemic and the impact it had on them they will be concentrating on getting caught up but there are plans for new Legion models down the road but wouldn’t say or didn’t know.

(Q) What is the status of the 357 Sig?
(A) The plan has been to phase out 357 and 40 over the past couple of years to concentrate on 9mm.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts