SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5,319 Posts

· Registered
5,319 Posts
Getting a little confused.

Redding G-RX Carbide Base Sizing Die Kit 40 S&W 357 Sig 10mm Auto

The first one's a "Bulge Buster," which I have for my Glocked brass.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/561884/redding-3-die-set-357-sig

The Redding Die Set includes a Full Length Sizer, right?

Not a Neck Sizing Die, like we use for bottlenecked rifle rounds?

So if we use the Redding die from the set, we're really still full length sizing (despite using a Bulge Buster or a .40S&W / 10mm die beforehand)?

· Registered
5,319 Posts
...if the neck of the case is resized to hold the bullet, you may be good to go.
Only with rifle rounds used in regular bolt guns. The action has sufficient mechanical advantage to chamber the cases reliably. I don't think you can do neck sizing (full length sizing required) with straight - pull collet - style bolt guns, much less with autoloaders.

I've never used a "Bulge Buster." Have never seen the need or benefit, even with most of my brass going through a Glock.
I remember you saying you sorted your brass, along the lines of Glock Brass / SIG Brass. You probably won't need this tool.

The "Bulge Buster" is the Lee brand of the same tool, which I'm using rather loosely...

I guess I'm thinking the "Bulge Buster" is the full length sizing die, the case passes through the die the entire length. With the 3 piece die, do you get the sizing the full length of the case?
Not sure how to describe the "Bulge Buster." It doesn't really fall under any of your typical die types.

The sizing die in the set you own is a full length sizer. (I'm fairly certain) It does the body / shoulders / neck. I don't think it sizes necks only, unlike some dies for bottlenecked rifle brass...

· Registered
5,319 Posts
That is how I understood the description. Rifle set contain both full and neck resizing, pistol set contains only full length sizing die.
Me too...

· Registered
5,319 Posts

· Registered
5,319 Posts
No need for the "Bulge buster" in my experience or even carbide dies really.
I got the "Bulge Buster" as well as some other Small - Based Dies as insurance, based on hearsay that Dillon Dies were inadequate for proper sizing.

But, everybody neeeeeeds Carbide :lol:

Reactions: disseminator

· Registered
5,319 Posts
For some reason, there seems to be a lot of concern over how difficult apparently is to reload 357 SIG, I just don't see it myself. :D
In my mind, I was going to have a go at it like I normally would with .308 Winchester brass...

But lots of online lore and rituals suggested doing otherwise :lol:

· Registered
5,319 Posts
The Dillon dies are 150% IMO. They resize bulged cases right down to the base without any extra effort. I have resized "Glocked" 10mm and 40 in my Dillon dies and the bulge was totally gone.
My first few attempts agree with you entirely :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.