SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For months I have been trying to get my hands on some 357 Sig HST ammo locally (South Florida) or online with no luck.

1. Is Federal still manufacturing this product?
2. Are the Feds and local LEO hoarding it?
3. When was the last time you were able to buy it and where?

· Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
357 sig hst

Just tried ammoseek.com.
I did a generic search for all Federal ammo.
Lots of listings but it did not return any 357 SIG HST.

My go to ammo supplier is SGAMMO and they tell me they get it
every once in a while as supplies become available.

I use 9 mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP HST's with great success.
Now`that I have a 357 barrel for my M11A1 with a 40 caliber Xchange kit, and p229 SAS; I would like to stay with the HST if at all possible.

· Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
357 sig hst

Yes, I have considered Gold Dots and I carry and have 200 rounds left.
But just like I have been loyal to SIG because quality and service, I have become accustomed to the line of HST's in 9 mm, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP.

In my previous life in the private sector before retirement I dealt with a lot of contractors and vendors. My loyalty was always towards those with top service and quality regardless of price which was always there for negotiation.
Remember Howard Johnson's had 57 flavors but we always asked for chocolate ice cream with chocolate syrup and chocolate sprinkles.

· Registered
7,353 Posts
Another alternative would be Underwood Ammo.
Full power .357 Sig ammo.
But, I, certainly understand you wanting to wait for some HST. I bought some up a year or so ago and am glad I did. Btw, target sports has their Speer Lawman on sale for $299 shipped a case (1,000 rds) 125gr tmj
Thats some great practice ammo at the lowest price Ive ever saw .357 sig go for. Especially Speer.

· Registered
3,044 Posts
Yes, I have considered Gold Dots and I carry and have 200 rounds left.
But just like I have been loyal to SIG because quality and service, I have become accustomed to the line of HST's in 9 mm, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP.

In my previous life in the private sector before retirement I dealt with a lot of contractors and vendors. My loyalty was always towards those with top service and quality regardless of price which was always there for negotiation.
Remember Howard Johnson's had 57 flavors but we always asked for chocolate ice cream with chocolate syrup and chocolate sprinkles.
That's good and all, but if Federal doesn't make it readily available, then I'd look at another manufacturer who does. Hornady, Sig, Corbon, Winchester, etc. A lot of good .357 Sig options. I go with Sig, it's the cheapest, and I've gotten it on sale for 12 bucks in the past.

I've looked for Federal HST 9mm +Ps and from what I can tell, it's not readily available or it's LEO only.

HST in .40 and .45 is always available for some reason.

· Registered
7,298 Posts
Yes, indeed :lol:

· Registered
7,973 Posts
I like Federal HSTs too! My summer carry is usually Fed's HST 147g +P in 9mm. Don't carry 357SIG, but did just add a 357 barrel for our P229. Here's some Fed HST in 357SIG, but here - loyality comes with at a premium price...

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/627972068

Cheers

· Registered
7,973 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.