SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

.357 P226 Simple Elegance

3K views 49 replies 20 participants last post by  rlewpolar 
#1 ·
Okay, so she’s not the prettiest girl at the dance and isn’t going to win any beauty contests. No nickel or SS finish, no fancy optics, but she is mine. She is just a good ole WE (3 magazines) Nitron P226 in 357 that I recently picked up NIB from a pawn shop (2017 build date). No one wanted her because she is 357, but that allowed me to adopt her at an amazing price and I love .357 so she is now part of my Sig stable.
So Just one question. See box photo. Any idea why the sticker includes “LGCY”? Obviously this Sig doesn’t have a Legacy slide. How would one explain this? The only other Sig I have with LGCY on the sticker is my P229 Classic Carry. Thoughts?
Wood Font Rectangle Signage Event

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

See less See more
#34 ·
#37 ·
Nice find and a good price.
Looks like a us made frame. If so, try to find a 9mm conversion kit for a three caliber gun.

I have a 226 that I bought in 357 also. I added a 40cal barrel and a 9mm conversion slide directly from sig.
Some times Sig gets a wild hare and will do a limited run on their conversion kits. I had a notify me now when they listed the kit. Got up one morning and had an available now email from sig. Order right then. Checked back 10 minutes later and they were sold out. The kit arrived in a week and was just right for the gun.

#38 ·
Okay, so she’s not the prettiest girl at the dance and isn’t going to win any beauty contests. No nickel or SS finish, no fancy optics, but she is mine. She is just a good ole WE (3 magazines) Nitron P226 in 357 that I recently picked up NIB from a pawn shop (2017 build date). No one wanted her because she is 357, but that allowed me to adopt her at an amazing price and I love .357 so she is now part of my Sig stable.
So Just one question. See box photo. Any idea why the sticker includes “LGCY”? Obviously this Sig doesn’t have a Legacy slide. How would one explain this? The only other Sig I have with LGCY on the sticker is my P229 Classic Carry. Thoughts?
View attachment 479810
View attachment 479812
View attachment 479811
Reply Legacy is the one with the short extractor and that is a true beauty! I have a P226 in 357SIG and love it! I customized it but a P226 is an awesome gun any which way you want to look at it, and I have no idea why people don't like 357SIG! It's the best caliber Sig can make any of their guns in! Stopping power! Barrier penetration, high capacity! Not bad recoil either!

#48 ·
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

I like a 357 SIG too. This was an LEO return, that I got for the same $700 OTD.
It needed some stuff, for me.
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Shotgun

Hogue G10 grips.
Armory Craft goodies;
Skeletonized Trigger
Trigger kit w/SRT & sear spring & hammer spring
TDL (Take Down Lever)
Camera accessory Eyewear Font Rectangle Material property

Like AZMAZ, A P226 is the perfect home for a 357 SIG barrel.
This was 40, but not for long.
Some of this stuff I got from Milos, and some was sold out, so I had to get it from The SIG Guy.
Armory Craft - CZ Grips - Sig X5 X6 Pistols - Flat Sig Sauer Triggers
https://www.sigguy.com/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.