SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a P320 today. Saw an ad, decided since I only have the 226SAO and a 226DA/SA, I would try the striker-fired model. Pistol feels great, looks like a red dot will bolt right on. But, I assume it has proprietary mounting holes for the Romeo optics. Can anything else be used, and regardless of optic, do I need to buy a gasket plate to protect the optic? My 226SAO is the Rx model with the Romeo1. It has been perfect. I will have a Fastfire3, RMR, Romeo1 and DeltaPointPro available to install. Will any of these fit the plate and screw spacing on the 320? Thanks for the info!
ETA: This Pistol was made July 2020. I haven’t yet fired it. I don’t know much about it, but assume from the numbers on the box, that it is the Compact model?

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Congrats on your new "P320 X-Compact RXP", she's a great pistola!

The DPP will fit... It should also have the RMR bolt holes (but not the RMR lugs, so beware)...

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great pics. I’ll pull the rear sight plate off and compare. What are these “lugs” you mentioned, and are they a necessity if I wish to use an RMR?
Thank you.

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Great pics. I’ll pull the rear sight plate off and compare. What are these “lugs” you mentioned, and are they a necessity if I wish to use an RMR?
Thank you.
For any optic there may or may not be lugs sticking out of the bottom, or holes, that mate with the slide's optic cut to help lock the optic in place against the pistol's mounting surface so the screws don't take all the stress under recoil. Some shooters say they're not needed, and others point out that optics go flying off of slides when screws eventually break...

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and others point out that optics go flying off of slides when screws eventually break...
Well, I know that the RMR is fairly rugged, but if the recoil from a 9mm snaps the hold-down screws, seems like I should have bought a higher-grade set of screws🙈

·
Registered
95 Posts
I picked up a P320 today. Saw an ad, decided since I only have the 226SAO and a 226DA/SA, I would try the striker-fired model. Pistol feels great, looks like a red dot will bolt right on. But, I assume it has proprietary mounting holes for the Romeo optics. Can anything else be used, and regardless of optic, do I need to buy a gasket plate to protect the optic? My 226SAO is the Rx model with the Romeo1. It has been perfect. I will have a Fastfire3, RMR, Romeo1 and DeltaPointPro available to install. Will any of these fit the plate and screw spacing on the 320? Thanks for the info!
ETA: This Pistol was made July 2020. I haven’t yet fired it. I don’t know much about it, but assume from the numbers on the box, that it is the Compact model?
The Romeo 1 Pro and DPP will fit. I have a new RXP too but full size. It came with the R1P on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
Your X-Compact will accept 3 Romeo's & the DPP
Romeo1 Pro
Romeo 2 (This IS the Romeo that I want!)
Romeo 3 Max
for Competition

Sig explains the Pro Cut of the X-Series P320's and more:
Romeo 3 Max
@ 5:44 into the Video.

The NEW Romeo 2 @ 6:50 into the Video
Awesome looking sight..I want one!
Coming Soon: SIG Sauer Romeo2 Mil-Spec Red Dot Sight

I'll wait for a new Romeo 2 RXP and Buy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcdCICMDUc4

Beside the sights listed above here are some plates available for different RDS & SRO's

Apex Plates
Apex Offers Optic Mounting Plate for Sig P320 | Apex Tactical Specialties

EGW Vortex Venom Mounting Plate:

C&H Plates:
These plates fot Legion, M17 & M18 that accepts R1P & DPP so I do not see why it would not work on the X-Compact but I would call first:

Springer Precision:

Install DPP on X-Compact: Install of Romeo1 Pro is the Same.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! That ACRO sight looks like something from the era of the Commodore Computer. Ugh!

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,130 Posts
Your X-Compact will accept 3 Romeo's & the DPP
Romeo1 Pro
Romeo 2 (This IS the Romeo that I want!)
Romeo 3 Max
for Competition

Sig explains the Pro Cut of the X-Series P320's and more:
Romeo 3 Max
@ 5:44 into the Video.

The NEW Romeo 2 @ 6:50 into the Video
Awesome looking sight..I want one!
Coming Soon: SIG Sauer Romeo2 Mil-Spec Red Dot Sight

I'll wait for a new Romeo 2 RXP and Buy it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcdCICMDUc4

Beside the sights listed above here are some plates available for different RDS & SRO's

Apex Plates
Apex Offers Optic Mounting Plate for Sig P320 | Apex Tactical Specialties

EGW Vortex Venom Mounting Plate:

C&H Plates:
These plates fot Legion, M17 & M18 that accepts R1P & DPP so I do not see why it would not work on the X-Compact but I would call first:

Springer Precision:

Install DPP on X-Compact: Install of Romeo1 Pro is the Same.

Good videos. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts