SIG Talk banner

320X5 Availability??

1332 Views 10 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Jet1945
Has anyone seen (or heard) of the 320X5 or the X-Frame modules in the wild yet?

Have been periodically checking GB and haven't seen anything and it is March, I think.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Sig customer service told me around summer time. I'm guessing the military contract on the P320's is causing delays?

I have a Jays Sporting Goods near me, and they can see them? X-5, and gave me a price of $865, but had no way of ordering yet. MSRP on that is $1005 I believe.

They couldn't see the x-carry or the VTac yet.

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sig customer service told me around summer time. I'm guessing the military contract on the P320's is causing delays?

I have a Jays Sporting Goods near me, and they can see them? X-5, and gave me a price of $865, but had no way of ordering yet. MSRP on that is $1005 I believe.

Thanks - SIG's own NRA Instructor's discount has the X5 9mm F listed as 753 and change.

· Registered
747 Posts

I have dropped a few $$ at Jays:rolleyes:! Are you near the Clare store or the Gaylord location? We usually stop to view the elk when returning from camping up north and will stop by Jays to check it out. I also have family near Clare, and hunt there. Great stores!

· Registered
604 Posts
When I talked to Sig two-ish weeks ago they also told me late summer at best. They also said the X5 would only sold as a complete gun and no x-change kits or 'upgrade' modules would be available. They said this may change, but he couldn't say officially.

· Registered
32 Posts
I have dropped a few $$ at Jays:rolleyes:! Are you near the Clare store or the Gaylord location? We usually stop to view the elk when returning from camping up north and will stop by Jays to check it out. I also have family near Clare, and hunt there. Great stores!

I go to the Gaylord Location probably every other weekend - Jays and Cops and Doughnuts make the store one of my favorite to go to

· Registered
32 Posts
I don't think so. Remember it's temporarily on hold until GAO tosses out Glock's protest.
I didn't realize that they were on hold?

I figured that Sig saw a bit of a lag for consumers seeing that the Military picked the P320.

I originally was looking at a Springfield Mod 2 tactical chambered in 9mm. Springfield is having a rebate program where you get 4 extra mags, a holster and a mag carrier with any Springfield pistol purchase, and that ends June 30th.

If the VTac isn't out by then, I may be forced to buy a Springfield just for that incentive.

I hope they can meet consumer demands in the coming months

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I don't think so. Remember it's temporarily on hold until GAO tosses out Glock's protest.
Additional Info: I work in the Aviation Procurement side of things and NOT firearms. With that said the "rules" for a multi-competitor source selection are fairly standard and usually defined in detail in the RFP (Request for Proposal).

The Source Selection Board chairman announces the winner. From then multiple clocks start: The winner gets a formal debriefing immediately and begins to proceed with their formal contractual process defined in their (the winner's) proposal.

The Source Selection Board has 30 days from the announcement of the winner to debrief the "loser(s)." The debriefing covers what the Board found deficient in the loser's proposal which includes technical and cost reasons. The loser(s) have two clocks that start then: if they formally protest within 5 days of the debrief (a typical number but may be different if defined in the RFP) the Winner CANNOT proceed with their process in any way. IF the loser(s) protests after 5 days but within 30 days of the debriefing, the Winner can still proceed forward with the contracting process as defined within their RFP - KEY POINT - The Winner does NOT stop and can continue on with their contract schedule.

If a protest is made after 30 days it is usually treated as too late and dismissed out of hand.

I do not have first hand information about the 320 selection, but what I have gathered from the News Media - Glock protested the award to the GAO after 5 days. Because of that SIG has NOT stopped their process. If SIG's proposal is typical of a helicopter procurement, NOTHING is fabricated immediately. The Contractor has a whole lot of bureaucratic BS that must be put in place before "real" production starts. The WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) defined in the proposal has to be implemented, material purchased, people hired, etc. - a whole bunch of "stuff." Based on the news reports, this is what SIG is doing now.

As I wrote - this is based on my assumption that the firearms procurement process has some similarity to aviation procurement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.