SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into the 320 X5 but since I live in NJ I am limited to a 15 round magazine capacity.
Will standard 15 round 320 mags work or does anyone know if Sig offers magazines for it in that capacity?

Thank you,
highlander

·
Registered
571 Posts
The 15 round mags will not work with the full size X5. Im pretty sure they will also not work with the X5 Carry. You could have magazines blocked by a local place which will mechanically limit your capacity but that is about your only option.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Some shops in NJ will block your mags for you. Try RTSP in Randolph. They are a huge Sig dealer so they may be able to hook you up with the full package out the door.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Couple things, I have the X5 and my local FFL in NJ was able to block the mags to 15. It stinks but it is what it is. Also, you can use the 17 round mags(if pinned to 15 as well) if you take off the take off the mag well on the X5, and trim away the tabs on the stock magazines to fit flush. There are some videos out there to do it, but pretty easy really. The new Carry mags will be 17 rounds and already made like that to accommodate the X5 without mag well.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello, new to the forum but wanted to offer some base plates I designed to any x5 owners not wanting to shave the 'wings' off...perhaps if you have another p320 to use them on...also make them fit the shape of the x5 grip module as the current p320 magazines baseplates are a bit different...

Just got into competition shooting and found a need for the base pads...so they are still just 3Dprinted for now...

Pics sucks but will have better ones...
Top two base pads are standard shape (one with a slight pinky flare) the bottom two at for x5 more round less oval shape and the 'wings' taper to fit in the x5. also have the options to add number/letter to id your mags if desired. Once I get the smaller 17/15 round mags in I can get pictures with this on them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.