SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Just read review in Guns And Ammo Magazine.

3 models tested. Seems like they are totally upgraded from the early 320s

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm interested to know If we can use the x5 frames on a standard p320 fcu and slide. Those ergonomic improvements look killer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
IF we go by how sig operates lately....

PLAN for next year sometime. If it was announced at shot this year (it was), and the 220 Legions that were announced LAST year are not out yet.....

You do the math. Sorry to break your heart. I want one bad.... but am resigned to waiting.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I call Sig every week and they give me an estimated time of Summer.

Local Jays here in Michigan can see the X- Five and have a price of around $860 sell, but can't order it

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm interested to know If we can use the x5 frames on a standard p320 fcu and slide. Those ergonomic improvements look killer.

I'm interested in the same question. Will all fcu's fit in the new x5 frames. I don't think they would change the actual dimensions of the fcu as it hasn't been out for too long. That would ultimately make all older fcu's obsolete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
IIRC, did i read on here, perhaps it was Alma, stated that the fcu's would fit, but that there was no definitive word on X series conversing kit only sales.

If I miss remembered, please forgive, and I'm certainly not quoting Alma directly, his is just the name that always come up in my mind on Sig issues!! ;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
From what Alma said there is no difference with the FCU and they should drop in to the new grips and work with the X5....if they ever release a conversion kit.

·
Registered
367 Posts
IF we go by how sig operates lately....

PLAN for next year sometime. If it was announced at shot this year (it was), and the 220 Legions that were announced LAST year are not out yet.....

You do the math. Sorry to break your heart. I want one bad.... but am resigned to waiting.
Heck, the stainless 938 was shown at Shot Show 2015 and in the catalog but not out yet. I think it took two years for the 357 1911s to make it to the real world.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think we'll see the p320 X-5 out by June. Sig has more of an emphasis on getting this pistol to market so that it can be homologated for competition.

·
Registered
428 Posts
From what Alma said there is no difference with the FCU and they should drop in to the new grips and work with the X5....if they ever release a conversion kit.
Yes, this is my understanding.
You could take a current FCU and drop it into an X5. Done count on exchange kits for a long awhile if at all.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I read the guns and ammo articles today. Nice write up. I called my LGS guy and I am still 1st on the list for the 320 X Five, I did add the 320 X carry to the list also. I may be the only one that ordered that one as I didn't know it was an option. Weird thing was yesterday I was going to call him and order a s&w m$p pc for a new carry. I will wait for my orders to come in now on the 2 each 320 x guns. Very excited about them to compliment others I have for carry and competitive shooting.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I spoke to SIG customer service today and they said possibly tomorrow, possibly 60 days. Not definitive, but he did say that he was pretty comfortable that it would be in the summer. I am really looking forward to these coming out.

·
Registered
386 Posts
According to the developer of the X5 it will be interchangable across the entire P320 series. Skip to 2 min 54 sec of this video:

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
How many of you have pre-ordered? I am thinking I am going to get an standing order placed with my LGS.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Ok, got my name on the list. I hope that first 2500 hit the streets soon!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts