SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys im new here. I just picked up my 320 compact today and went to put 150rds through and had a great time.
I had a question and maybe get some opinions. While I was cleaning the frame I was examining the ejector and noticed some marks at the base. Does that look like a possible crack or are those flow marks from the casting process or voids in the mold? Pretty sure the chassis is casted. Any other ideas? I didn't have and ejection problems but it kinda looks odd. Another question, are the barrels in these 320 pistols cold hammer forged? Anyways, really enjoying the pistol, pretty impressed with the modular design and the trigger is not too shabby. Gonna get a subcompact grip module too at some point.

·
Premium Member
3,205 Posts
Welcome to SigTalk. Glad to hear you are enjoying your 320. I checked both of my 320 fcu's and neither show what you picture. I'm not a metals guy so I don't know if there is any reason for concern. I'm sure another with more knowledge will chime in with some information for you. Good luck with your 320c and greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to SigTalk. Glad to hear you are enjoying your 320. I checked both of my 320 fcu's and neither show what you picture. I'm not a metals guy so I don't know if there is any reason for concern. I'm sure another with more knowledge will chime in with some information for you. Good luck with your 320c and greetings from the flat lands of Kansas.
Thanks for checking your guns to see if yours has those marks.
Hopefully I can figure this out.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Great photography!
I believe the frame is a piece of stamped metal, probably annealed before bending, then bent into shape and then it would be hardened, making it not only stiff but strong.

Not sure about the barrels. The images sort of look like a crack that may have happened during bending, but I would be surprised it could stand very few shots before showing failure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I guess I should contact sig cs, anyone have a email address handy for a service tech to check this out. In addition, on the compact model what grip size is supplied with the gun?

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Had to go get my p320's and look them over !! Mine have clean edges . You have some fine photo's there . You might see about spend photos to a CS person to look at . Good photos can go a long way in helping them out if there looks to be a problem . It is a stamped metal piece .

I changed my p320c frame / grip from a medium to a [small compact ]. The skinner grip carry's better but I still have a the same length grip and I have better control over the grip even if it feels a little small . I had talon rubberized stick on's for the stock medium compact and don't need them on the small compact .

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
If you are talking about the "roughness" on that edge, it is perfectly normal. Your frame is not cast as you alluded to, but rather a stamped and formed metal part. During the stamping process, the metal is sheared, cut to shape. When the cutters/dies become a bit dull, you get this effect, called shear the by metal stamping industry. Completely normal, nothing to be concerned about what so ever. Now, go out and shoot that thing like you stole it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okie lol, sometimes I overthink things a bit too much. I think im gonna pick up a remora or sticky holster to tide me over till I finalize a choice on a long term iwb holster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts