SIG Talk banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
No disrespect intended, but I've really never understood those that consider the stock Glock trigger as being less than serviceable (terrible, atrocious, heavy, long, gritty or any number of other excuses). There is absolutely nothing wrong with a stock Glock trigger. Nothing is needed to make them right other than the user being properly trained. Put it another way, a stock Glock trigger is perfectly capable of head shots at 25 yards and good, solid COM hits at 50+ yards providing the end user knows how to properly shoot a pistol. Messing around with a perfectly good trigger is no substitute for training. Again, no disrespect intended.
I have never liked the feel of Glock triggers...even the "Gucci Glock" guns I've fired just never felt right. I don't think there is an issue with the function of the trigger on Glocks. It's sort of like comparing a Chevy to a Cadillac. Both are cars. Both can be driven well by a competent driver. One is going to feel better to sit in, touch, and experience which may make the owner enjoy driving it more. Every Glock I've ever owned got sold but one. Not because they were bad guns, but because they felt cheap and not worth the premium price (to me anyway). I know they are quality, reliable guns...but they just don't feel like it. If you're using them as a duty gun, and they are just a tool that you don't give a **** about...Glocks excel. But I am a collector and a competitive shooter. I like guns that feel good in my hand. I like guns that have a smooth trigger with a crisp break. To me, it's not about pull weight. In fact, I find a 3 to 4lb trigger perfect. That weight is easy to get on a Glock, but the feel isn't. The "snick" of a 1911 or a Cajunized CZ SA trigger has no equal.

·
Banned
381 Posts
+1

+1

No disrespect intended, but I've really never understood those that consider the stock Glock trigger as being less than serviceable (terrible, atrocious, heavy, long, gritty or any number of other excuses). There is absolutely nothing wrong with a stock Glock trigger. Nothing is needed to make them right other than the user being properly trained. Put it another way, a stock Glock trigger is perfectly capable of head shots at 25 yards and good, solid COM hits at 50+ yards providing the end user knows how to properly shoot a pistol. Messing around with a perfectly good trigger is no substitute for training. Again, no disrespect intended.
If you are use to a bad trigger then a Glock will be ok to you. If you are a good shooter then a better trigger will give you an edge.

·
Super Moderator
P365/P365XL
499 Posts
I’m use to putting rounds on target with a revolver with a long DA trigger pull of 10-12lbs. So a Glock trigger is even easier. As is most striker-fired pistols. I think training, experience and practice make a great shooter not a dependence on unnecessary aftermarket gadgets.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Now your grading my composition. Lol. As I get older I sometimes can’t think of the right word. How bout going to and fro.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts