SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own 3 striker fired pistols, a 365 that I’ve had since Gen 1, a Glock 19 that I got cheap (never shot it) and a 320 Compact that I bought on sale last Friday. The 365 is my CC choice for the size, capacity, weight, etc. Today I ran a hundred through the Glock, same in the 320. I like everything about the 320 more than the Glock. Better ergonomics, better trigger feel. Better sights on the 320 and I might make it my CC!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
My comparison of similar is between the G19 Gen 5 with Ameribold NS and the Sig p320 XCompact. Like both, accurate with both but if I’d choose between these two of mine I’d choose the G19 Gen 5 every time. Just me I guess. I shoot it a tad better and it’s a bit easier to carry for me than the XCompact. Now…. You wanna try out a super accurate and fantastic striker pistol that’s even smoother to shoot than than these two . I’ll grab my HK VP9 above all else!! With that said. The G19 still is easier to CCW for me.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Until I bought a P220 in the 80s, my favorite pistols were 1911A1s. It didn’t take long to realize I was a better shot with a 220. Confirmed with 226s, 239s, 229s, etc. I still shoot a 1911 (Sig Target) but for me nothing handles like a hammer fired P series.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
The P320 fits my hand way better than any Glock, any day of the week. Glocks are undeniably reliable as heck, but I've never warmed up to the grip angle, and luckily, I've never had to force myself to.

And while I have really enjoyed my VP9 over the past year or so, I have to say I shot it yesterday, and then followed that with shooting my new X-Carry Legion, and there was simply no comparison. I was shocked, actually, because I really do like the VP9 and have considered it one of the best strikers around, but the contrast was undeniable - the X-Carry Legion is just effortless, flat shooting, great trigger and ridiculously easy to be accurate with. Of course, one is designed as a duty gun and the other is one of the higher-end strikers available right now, so it may not really be a fair comparison.

·
Registered
225 Posts
My answer, or actually their answer, is the Shadow system.

Glock gives you back straps to fill a HAND SIZE.

Shadow gives you 3 to adjust the BARREL ANGLE. Like 1911's? Bang, here's the backstrap to give you that angle.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Have an X-Compact (.40) and a Gen5 G19. Not very accurate with the Glock. Thinking of selling it and getting a Taurus GX4. Mostly shoot .40 and .45 so 9mm isn’t a priority. Just want a micro compact and the P365 doesn’t work for me.

Update: Went to the LGS to handle the GX4. Nice. Told the guy I had Sigs but the P365 didn’t fit my hand. He said try the P365X. Yup, that will do just fine! Costs a lot more but will be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 320 compact completely stock and a g17 with a new trigger + sights. It took those upgrades for me to actually enjoy shooting the Glock the same as the Sig. But now I would be happy grabbing either one and have trained to be accurate with both systems. I would like to see what new sights and a trigger job on the Sig would do for me and see how it would sway my decision then... Both right out of the box, ide take the 320 all day though.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I have a 320 compact with a WC grip first and now a X grip. I have a G19.5 MOS as well.
Both have a RDS sights. Both feel great to me in my hands, but different.
My Night sights on the SIG 320 are better. I prefer the takedown lever and modularity of the 320.
The G19 is slightly slimmer and lighter. I can't carry my 320 but I can my G19.
Prefer the look overall to SIG. Not a fan of the looks of Glocks but it a very nice pistol. I am happy I have one.

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
………Glock……….Sig…………..Grip angle…………..Block……………Sigh…………………………….

·
Registered
59 Posts
Grandsons all carry Glock required duty guns and like them a lot. G19. I have owned several Glocks and never liked the triggers and traded them all off. Just got my first Sig 320 compact with a factory installed red dot. The best 9 mm I have ever shot. The trigger is almost as good as my 1911 and the red dot is really great for my old eyes. The only thing I have done to it is put a WC grip module and a Sig flat trigger on it. The trigger is 4 lb with no creep.

·
Registered
25 Posts
While I respect Glocks- good firearms by most measures, but they don’t work for me. Am convinced it’s the grip angle.

SIGs and CZs do work for me- ergonomically, accuracy and reliability. Can’t ask for more.
I have a CZ P10C that is an absolute pleasure to shoot. Very well built handgun and at the top of my list for accuracy in all the 9mm handguns that I've owned. I just got my first Sig, the P320X Compact and I'm still learning where to hold when shooting it. I really like the X-ray 3 night sights. I'm thinking Sigs may be set up for a center hold possibly instead of a six O'clock hold?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts