SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Curious what everyone would do. I have two p320 x5's. (Thats another story)

Offered trade for full size rx with apex flat trigger. I have a grey guns curved drop in that id probably switch back to with spring and pin, 200 rounds through. (Met this guy by accident, he actually sold me the second x5)

Or

Compact with ameriglo proglo sights, orange front, black rear. Talon grips, 4 mags, grey guns flat trigger drop in kit, 300 rounds through. Plus he'll give me 100 on top.

My thoughts, tried optics when i first started shooting last year, form and ability to shoot, not so good, got rid of the gun. (It was actually the compact rx) Id say ive improved a bit over the last year, feel more confident with different platforms now. Iron sights have been my preference as i still need work on form. That said...

Pros for rx, you can swap slides between rx and x5 depending if you want optics, thats the biggest adv i cant think of but not sure it its something that i will stick to

Compact pro. Its a nice setup, really close to how i would set mine up. Ive been using dawson sights, so sights might get changed and never tried talon grips, so that would take care of that curiosity of how good the talon grips are.

Tough decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
571 Posts
RX and it's not even close. If you can get quite a bit more on top with the Compact that might make it a better deal but the RX is a much better value IMO.

Reactions: Roikyou

·
Registered
30 Posts
I could do either, as long as it had the red dot sight. Everybody has eyes but unfortunately some of us no longer have "young" eyes. Iron sights just take too long to acquire for a carry or comp gun for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have both, love the RX... but after 40 years of shooting irons it is taking more than a little adjustment period for me to get used to the RX optic. I find my speed & accuracy is much better (as I would expect, irons are what I have trained with on handguns) with the iron sights (I put Trijicon HD on each of mine); however, I'm hoping that with more practice the optic will become more familiar and welcome to my older eyes.

I have a G19 MOS with an RMR 8 MOA and am having the same adjustment period being used to irons. From a pure accuracy standpoint at distance, I do much bettter with the optics on the RX & MOS... but, that is slow fire.

I was at a USPCA match the other day and most stages were entirely "A Zone" clean hits, though my time was slower... a younger shooter mentioned that shooting all perfect scores each time doesn't matter - but after several turns in Iraq & Afghanistan I opined that when someone is shooting back at you and you have buddies all around you that would prefer you didn't contribute any additional holes into them, then accuracy suddenly become very important. But, he was right, in the "game" of "practical" match shooting, accuracy isn't always the winner...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.