SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently picked up a stripped DPMS upper/lower combo and have decided to try a 300blk project with it. Suppressors are verbotten up here, so it'll be tailored to lighter supersonic loads only. Want something compact though, possible 3 gun useage, so considering a 10.5" pistol build (no such legal entity as an SBR in Canada so no additional paperwork there). This'll be my first AR build of any kind, so nothing written in stone and will take time putting the plan together. I do have a couple generic items ordered though, but nothing limiting ultimate direction at this point. Not going to break the bank with this build, just use it as a learning curve and maybe fall down another rabbit hole of a "hobby-within-a-hobby" when it comes to build your own.

Do have the upper/lower cerakoted "Typhon Kryptic" and will do the same to other parts of the build as the plan comes together.

On order, should arrive soon:

Radian (AXTS) black nitride E-BCG
Radian (AXTS) Raptor ambi charging handle
Strike Industries upper parts kit and
Bravo Company enhanced lower parts kit. This is the one with the BCM PNT trigger group - that'll allow me to kick the purchase of a pricey trigger kit further down the road. And maybe off the road if it proves to be a decent enough trigger.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,622 Posts
Nice looking graphics! Keep us updated as your project progresses. On one hand it must be nice to not have to worry about barrel length, but you do have "other" hoops to jump through in your firearms laws.

Good Luck!

Reactions: WJPD

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks and yes we certainly have some weird enough laws to make even California look good LOL! Think I've found a good deal on a ODIN works 10.5" barrel - will see if that pans out.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I think I have the rest of the plan put together, in addition to the parts listed above:

ODIN 10.5" barrel/gas block/gas tube
ODIN "02 Lite" 9.5 M-Lok hand guard
ODIN Minimalist Stock Kit
ODIN Atlas 7 Compensator
ODIN XMR, Ambi sling/QD plate, foregrip
Nikon P-300Blk BDC Scope 2-7x32
Tavor take-off BUIS (free! lol)

Some of that stuff will be sent away for cerakoting to match the upper/lower already done, so it'll be awhile yet before completion, but at least it's all coming together.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bits 'n pieces starting to trickle in....

Reactions: 8161

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really dig the Kryptic pattern and colour. Looks awesome. Good luck with the rest of the build.
Thanks, have now sourced a 10.5" ODINWorks barrel up here at a decent price and now figuring on going with some more of their products as well. Will still need to send some bits out for cerakoting though.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picking up some stuff to put together initial test loads while waiting for more parts to arrive.

Photo comparison with Norinco surplus 7.62x39

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, that pattern and color look good on AR's. ;)

Ric
Awesome! My big holdup right now is waiting on arrival of the handguard - then it'll be sent out to get coated to match.

Reactions: fairlanericky

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have been very pleased with my Odin Works 10.5 on my SBR. It is easily under their 1moa guarantee with both Supersonic and Subsonic loads.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been very pleased with my Odin Works 10.5 on my SBR. It is easily under their 1moa guarantee with both Supersonic and Subsonic loads.
Good stuff; yes read some good reviews on their barrels, and with the reasonable price - convinced me to give 'em a try.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Good stuff; yes read some good reviews on their barrels, and with the reasonable price - convinced me to give 'em a try.
My barrel/gun really likes the Barnes 30321s for a defensive load, and I use Hornady 150gr BTHP for plinkers; seated to the cannelure with 16.5gr Lil Gun.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks again, appreciate it! But light .308 bullets and Lil Gun are rare here; added to the list though.

·
Read Only
7,297 Posts
I am going to buy off the shelf bullets for my 300BLK suppressed SBR.
Recommendations? Cleanest powder would be great too.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Thanks again, appreciate it! But light .308 bullets and Lil Gun are rare here; added to the list though.
That is all I could find when working up a load.

I really want to try CFE Blk but don't want to work up new loads.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is all I could find when working up a load.

I really want to try CFE Blk but don't want to work up new loads.
I hear ya - takes time and patience; find something that works and stick with it :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Optic and rings arrived today, a Nikon P300BLK. My old(er) eyes really need magnification help these days, red dots don't really cut it anymore. Still waiting on some other parts, but do have the handguard sent out for cerakoting to match the upper/lower.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Reading with interest. I am in the process of doing my first partial build (having someone do the upper. I am working on a 300 Blackout Pistol.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just arrived, have everything now except the compensator (ODIN 7 backordered) and the handguard still away for cerakoting. I didn't do the stock at this point as I'm not sure I'll be keeping this one on there.

Tunable gas block, marked along with the barrel for easy alignment.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts