SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find a decent OWB holster. None of the newer versions fit but to a step on the frame. Anyone else had this issue??
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
10,788 Posts
Yes, the reason is the trigger guard. Those with a rail the trigger guard is "shorter" so the P226 without a rail likes about 1/4", from entering as far.

Depending on the type of holster you want, there are some options.

Here is one I use https://safariland.com/products/model-6377-als-concealment-belt-loop-holster-23337, where I use the paddle attachment, instead of the belt loop attachment.

I also use a Galco Fletch holster, with a thumb break.

An "alternative" would be order a holster from somewhere like Mitch Rosen, where it will be fitted a model without a rail, which except for a recent TALO model hasn't been produced for quite a few years. https://mitchrosen.com/products/holsters/ Mitch Rosen has been supplying Sig with leather holsters with Sig Sauer branding, for quite a few years.

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have an issue safariland paddle if interested. Used two days and then went with my old worn out Galco....lol. I think I may have a new Galco as well. Like Willard said thumb break style. But I may have a new Galco thumb break. I don't do Kydex as they are so Millennial....lol

·
Registered
754 Posts
I've carried a 1988-era P226 in a OWB Bianchi® Model 19L for 30+ years - it's a very secure thumb-break holster and suede-lined. (No rails or Kydex for me!) Another benefit is it also works with my P228.

You also should check out Craft Holsters - they have a few OWB's you might like.

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
FWIW, my Blade-Tech Signature holster fits my rail-less 2017 P226 Classic Carry and it fits my newish P220’s, both with rails. But it doesn’t properly fit my rail-less 1988 P226; ie I can’t achieve that normal “clicking in” when holstering.

I had quickly ordered that holster for a class and it was described as for the “P220/P226”. But, the lack or inclusion of a rail is not overly relevant for its fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts