SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local fella here is selling a 250 in .22 for $225. Hope I can land it.

I've got a 250 with .380 for my wife, I just got a 9mm x-change kit and adding the .22 would be great. She can learn on the .22, move up to the .380 and then go 9mm if she wants.

Plus I'll have an "extra" FCU and grip....or sell it and just keep the 3 slides and barrels.

My question...does anyone have any experience with the 250 in .22. I love my 226 with a .22 riding on the top and it works great. What do folks think of the 250?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Local fella here is selling a 250 in .22 for $225. Hope I can land it.

I've got a 250 with .380 for my wife, I just got a 9mm x-change kit and adding the .22 would be great. She can learn on the .22, move up to the .380 and then go 9mm if she wants.

Plus I'll have an "extra" FCU and grip....or sell it and just keep the 3 slides and barrels.

My question...does anyone have any experience with the 250 in .22. I love my 226 with a .22 riding on the top and it works great. What do folks think of the 250?
I bought an upper from JCR for my CF 250.

Works fine, less critical of ammo than the adapter for my 229, but using HV ammo is still a good idea.

If you want to use the .22 FCU with centerfire ammo, make sure you replace the small coil spring on the slide latch with the flat wire spring and button used on the centerfire FCU. The small coil spring is not strong enough to keep the latch form bouncing up and engaging the slide during the recoil impulse.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
.22lrs always low cost practice . Nothing wrong with that over the years . Make it part of a normal range trip and have fun shooting smaller targets , spinners and so worth . back when I carried a snub nose I also had a 3" J frame in .22lr as a practice pistol . I could shoot it at my rural home daily and neighbors 5 acres away never paid attention to it . Good for critters too .

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aw shucks. Guy sold it (I missed by less than half an hour but that's life).

Anyone know who might be selling one....I tried google but no joy.

Hadn't thought of one before and now I want one. Don't suppose they made a .22 kit for the 320?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I got one from CDNN about two months ago. That's a good price for new. The 250 in 22 works great and is a pleasure to shoot. Be aware that the slide does not lock back on the last round and quality ammo is an asset. Doesn't have to be HV but good ammo prevents having to double strike the rounds on occasion.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A member here contacted me with one he had and we're doing the deal. This is a great board with good people.

Looking forward to having 3 calibers (.380. 9mm and .22) on the same platform with the same smooooth 6 lb. trigger.

Thanks to all who posted about this. Range report when I get to play with it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I got one from CDNN about two months ago. That's a good price for new. The 250 in 22 works great and is a pleasure to shoot. Be aware that the slide does not lock back on the last round and quality ammo is an asset. Doesn't have to be HV but good ammo prevents having to double strike the rounds on occasion.
Can someone shed some light on why Sig made both the P226 .22 conversion and the P250 without lock back on last round? :confused:

·
Registered
858 Posts
Normally, the magazine follower engages the lug on the slide catch lever to lock the slide back after the last round has been fired from a magazine. Below you can see the slide catch lever's lug engaging the follower of a 9mm magazine.

The followers on .22LR magazines are narrow. The magazine bodies for .22LR conversions are typically much wider than the followers. Thus, the lug on the slide catch lever does not extend far enough into the magazine well to reach a .22LR follower.

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
Ditto on the CDNN purchase. I bought the .22 first and added a 9mm exchange kit after. Best firearms decision I ever made. The superb DOA trigger pull is just perfect for me because I'm an old revolver shooter. With the .22 I can practice my trigger staging and it's pretty much helped me turn the 9mm conversion into a tack driver.

I love this platform -- and along with my SP2022 it's now my main EDC.

BTW you can add four more rounds to the existing 10 round magazine using a Taylor-Tactical magazine kit -- it includes a new spring, follower, and spring plug

http://www.taylor-tactical-supply.com/sig-250-22lr-14rd-mag-upgrade-p/250-mag-kit.htm

...or you can just add two more rounds using the spring plug only

https://www.taylor-tactical-supply.com/sig-sauer-250-22lr-12rd-mag-upgrade-p/250-conv-plug.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.