SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I recently got a P250 and thought it would be a good idea to get a kit for 22lr, as it is super cheap to shoot and as a person new to handguns I need a lot of practice. However, the gun is discontinued and on the used market I only see 10mm, .40 ect.
Any idea where I could find one?
For a while they only sold it as a .22, so I assume a bunch of parts should be laying around somewhere.
Cheers, and thanks.

·
Registered
335 Posts
You’ll have to find a used one. In my experience, x-change kits, which is what the call the grip, slide, barrel, spring/guide rod (just missing fcu, or the part with the serial number on it), are more difficult to find, and more expensive, than whole pistols. I think because of communist states restrictions on how many guns you can own. I bought my 23 as a whole pistol. The FCU is identical. Beware that the 22 will NOT fit in P250 holsters. The slide is taller than a standard slide. I think because of the rim fire factor. Good luck.

Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
840 Posts
Did SIG ever produce a separate .22LR conversion kit?

If so, could someone please post a picture of the packaging and the UPC/SKU number for the kit?

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
12,881 Posts
From both Top Gun Supply and Osage County Gun websites, Sig never had "Conversion Kits" to convert P250s to .22 Rimfire.

The P250 itself was offered as a .22 rimfire, with the "Caliber X-Change Kits offered to convert them to centerfire, after training on the pistol in .22 rimfire.

So the route taken by exfed2002 to obtain his, would be the prime source... get a P250 in .22, and install a centerfire kit on it, and resell it, keeping the rimfire parts. Or just keep the whole thing as is.

Reactions: gc70

·
Registered
335 Posts
I’ve found that buying whole P250 pistols are cheaper than X-Change kits, if you can even find them.

Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Look around on EBay...or Gunbroker. Sig never sold a conversion kit. Many were sold when a entire handgun was purchased and the 22lr components stripped and sold as a "kit". Never actually shot one as they came and went quickly but a friend bought one and found it a fun gun.

In the future 22lr conversions will pop up for the 320 and 365 although no time frame is known.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Look around on EBay...or Gunbroker. Sig never sold a conversion kit. Many were sold when a entire handgun was purchased and the 22lr components stripped and sold as a "kit". Never actually shot one as they came and went quickly but a friend bought one and found it a fun gun.

In the future 22lr conversions will pop up for the 320 and 365 although no time frame is known.

I shopped til I dropped last night but no joy. Will keep searching. I like the idea of shooting cheap ammo thru my normal carry gun. Seems like good practice and can afford to shoot a whole lot more!!

Thx!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts