SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 229 Legion arrives tomorrow! This is my first Sig so based on threads I've read here my first order of business is to strip, clean, and lube before I head to the range.

Since I plan on carrying my 229 Legion I've been looking at holsters. Most sites only list the P229 or 229 not the Legion. So, I called Sig customer see if the Legion would fit in the P229 or 229 holsters. The fellow I spoke to said the Legion was slightly bigger and, therefore, I should purchase one of the holsters in the Sig website Legion section. I'm wondering if that was a ploy to get me to purchase from Sig.

What holster do folks use for their 229 Legion? Do you find any issues with a non Sig Legion holster?

Any recommendations on cleaning, lubing, and holsters is GREATLY appreciated!!

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
The night before Xmas and all through the house, not a creature was sleeping, not even the mouse.....

A lot of kydex holsters offer tension adjustments, which let you tweek the fit. I have two, and they fit both legion and non legion models. Leather has been a non issue. I use a glaco and one of these:
https://www.theleatherguytx.com/collections/gun-holsters

Reactions: Runnerpsu

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The night before Xmas and all through the house, not a creature was sleeping, not even the mouse.....

A lot of kydex holsters offer tension adjustments, which let you tweek the fit. I have two, and they fit both legion and non legion models. Leather has been a non issue. I use a glaco and one of these:
https://www.theleatherguytx.com/collections/gun-holsters
Yep, it is similar to Christmas Eve!!!! Nice looking holsters. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats! Is it 9mm? Did you find a deal somewhere? I'm in the market for a 229 Legion too.
Yes it is 9 mm. It will replace my G19 as my primary EDC. I won the bid on GunBroker. Minimum bid was $969 and I was the only bidder. Seller was DEGuns Lincoln NE Best Online Gun Shop, Buy Arms Online, Shooters Online Gun Stores, Local Hunting Stores US - Deguns Lincoln NE

I'm eligible for the Sig LE/Military and Glock Blue Label programs. The $969 was less than the Le/Military program. I'm blessed!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Yes it is 9 mm. It will replace my G19 as my primary EDC. I won the bid on GunBroker. Minimum bid was $969 and I was the only bidder. Seller was DEGuns Lincoln NE Best Online Gun Shop, Buy Arms Online, Shooters Online Gun Stores, Local Hunting Stores US - Deguns Lincoln NE

I'm eligible for the Sig LE/Military and Glock Blue Label programs. The $969 was less than the Le/Military program. I'm blessed!!!!!!

If all works without any issues, then it sounds like an awesome deal for you.
Enjoy your new Sig, 1st of many, probably. :lol:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Cool!

Don't freak out if the finish looks blotchy!

It comes wrapped in a greasy plastic and can sort of absorb in weird patterns.

Wipe it down and apply some oil and rub it in! Mine looked terrible out of the box but polished up beautifully!

I mention this as some have denied delivery due to this. It's a weird finish but shoots so great who cares!

EBM

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool!

Wipe it down and apply some oil and rub it in! Mine looked terrible out of the box but polished up beautifully!

I mention this as some have denied delivery due to this. It's a weird finish but shoots so great who cares!

EBM
Thanks Buzz! Raif79 already prepared me on the finish. I'm one of the odd (in many ways ;)) ones that enjoys cleaning my guns. I love the smell especially after a day at the range!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Cool!

EBM
I agree completely my P226 Legion looked weird until I wiped it down with some oil.

·
Registered
101 Posts
congrats on your 229!

I really like the lucas gun oil and the clp (separate products) the clp cleans well and the oil is nice and tacky and stays in the pours in finish of the legion well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 229 Legion arrives tomorrow! This is my first Sig so based on threads I've read here my first order of business is to strip, clean, and lube before I head to the range.

Since I plan on carrying my 229 Legion I've been looking at holsters. Most sites only list the P229 or 229 not the Legion. So, I called Sig customer see if the Legion would fit in the P229 or 229 holsters. The fellow I spoke to said the Legion was slightly bigger and, therefore, I should purchase one of the holsters in the Sig website Legion section. I'm wondering if that was a ploy to get me to purchase from Sig.

What holster do folks use for their 229 Legion? Do you find any issues with a non Sig Legion holster?

Any recommendations on cleaning, lubing, and holsters is GREATLY appreciated!!

I just scooped up a 226 Legion DASA and I love it! I haven't had the chance to put many rounds down range quite yet, but out of the box it's VERY accurate. I purchased mine at the Pro Shop based at the Sig Sauer Academy, and they told me the 226 holsters fit the legion. I'm surprised the 229s don't.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts