SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to add to my sig collection and purchase a p229. Havne't yet had the chance to fire one and am going to get out and do so soon prior to purchase. Looking for some feedback from you all as well. I have been looking at the gen 2 because I liked the idea of the melt process and it has a clean look in my opinion. The SRT is a not a deal maker/breaker for me. First question is what are your guys thoughts on the melt process? Also, do you think the SRT makes a valuable difference? Have noticed that places like comp tac do not offer variations for the gen 2 due to the melt. I contacted them and they said it is not an available option yet. Are there any other kydex holsters you would recommend?

Registered
Love my CPO Frankensig P229 .40 with rail less frame and legacy SAS slide. It aint got the SRT (yet) but it's a smooth and soft shooter. Came with one 12 round mag and I got 2 14 rounders from Greg Cote LLC.

As for the holster, I'm prefer leather. Got an OWB Don Hume pancake with thumb break and an IWB open top Galco Summer special that also fits my SD9VE.

I think any Kydex holster made for the P229 without a rail will fit the SAS Gen2 just fine because the melt treatment just rounds the sharp edges so it won't snag when you draw. The general dimensions (width, length, height) are the same AFAIK. I was looking at the leather lined kydex holsters from Garrett Industries but have no disposable funds ATM.

Registered
You will probably have a hard time finding a kydex holster for the P229 SAS Gen2. A leather holster for a non rail P229 may work as leather is more flexible.

My favorite holster is the kydex Raven Concealment Phantom. Not cheap for kydex but those that own them understand why they cost what they do and IMHO well worth it They respond fast to email questions so it may be worth your while to contact them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.