SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys...

So I bought a 229 a few months ago and I love it! However, there is one problem that I have and I can not figure it out for the life of me. When I pull in double action on the back half of the pull I feel a grind. It has started to effect my shooting. I have taken it apart many times find where it is coming from and I found that when I take everything off of the gun except the hammer, hammer bar, and hammer spring it does not grind. ( So the grinding that I feel is coming from the hammer ) When putting it back together there is a pin that holds in the ejector, sear, sear spring, and safety, and when I put that all back together I feel the grind in the hammer again. I could not find anywhere on the parts that looked warn from rubbing and I keep the gun well oiled all the time so I cant see it being that. Any help would be great!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, as far as I know. I dont use grease i just have oil I use. I keep everything oiled really well rails, barrel, trigger, spring, ect.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Maybe a call to Sig customer service is in order?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am the second owner of this firearm, do you think Sig would still be willing to help? Is there a trick to dealing with Sig's costumer service to get more help?

Thanks again guys...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hey Guys...

So I bought a 229 a few months ago and I love it! However, there is one problem that I have and I can not figure it out for the life of me. When I pull in double action on the back half of the pull I feel a grind. It has started to effect my shooting. I have taken it apart many times find where it is coming from and I found that when I take everything off of the gun except the hammer, hammer bar, and hammer spring it does not grind. ( So the grinding that I feel is coming from the hammer ) When putting it back together there is a pin that holds in the ejector, sear, sear spring, and safety, and when I put that all back together I feel the grind in the hammer again. I could not find anywhere on the parts that looked warn from rubbing and I keep the gun well oiled all the time so I cant see it being that. Any help would be great!

Thanks!
If that grinding is very slight it could be one of two things wrong.

1. Trigger Bar Spring rubbing the right grip. Pull the bottom end of the TBS out of the magwell.

2. Front side of tiny tab on the Trigger Bar is rough. Here you have to be very careful. Don't grind off anything. Use oil and 2000 grit wet or dry sandpaper wrapped around a small steel ruler.

On top of the Trigger Bar are two tabs that stick up. The larger tab is the Disconnecting Tab that the slide pushes down when the slide goes backwards. The tiny tab that is to the right in this picture is the tab I am talking about. The front of this tiny tab pushes on the safety lever and if it is rough you get the "grind". Look at the front of this tab and see the roughness. If you see it polish it slightly and remove only what is black and check by looking. Then only remove enough steel to polish. That tab is so small you have to be careful...

.................fjgiie

edited to add: If a trigger job has not been done it could be anything, but I take for granted that a trigger job has been done. The trigger job would take care of hammer/sear rubbing during double action.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts