SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a couple of quick magazine questions for ya, per the title, I have a 229 in .40 S&W, I have 9 or 10 magazines for it, I was going to buy a few more since you never seem to know when the laws may change. I was on the CDNN website, and they had a few options, they have the 229 Factory 12 round magazine for $39, but they also have a 12 round LE Marked Parkerized mag for $20, I'm curious why it would be that cheap? It makes no mention of being used, the other used magazines are clearly marked as used, was there something wrong with the Parkerized magazines? or is that simply a less desirable finish/coating? I wasn't necessarily going to buy any from CDNN, I was just kinda curious why those would be so much cheaper than the other magazines listed. As always I appreciate any info you guys might be able to provide me with!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Some people do not like the writing that restricted magazines have.
The LE/military markings claim that you must only use these restricted mags if you are overseas or belong to the military or Law Enforcement. I own some P228 mags like this and they work fine. :)

RESTRICTED LAW ENFORCEMENT
GOV'T USE AND/OR EXPORT ONLY 9-14-94
SIGARMS INC. EXTER NH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.