SIG Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning all.

It seems Sig doesn't remember making a 227 whatsoever and has no parts listed on the site anymore that I can find. Can anyone confirm this red recoil spring will fit the 227 SAS?

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/recoil-spring-set-p220-carry-compact-45acp.html

I recently picked up an M17 and think it would look sharp black on bronze. Can anyone confirm if this is this the correct Wilson combat grip for this application? (I found the answer to this...)

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Grip-Module-WCP320-Compact-Manual-Safety-Black/productinfo/320-CCMB/

Attachments

·
Registered
21,580 Posts
That is the correct spring. The P220 and P227 share the same slide assemblies in both the full-size and Carry. They just have different roll marks.

Reactions: Digitaldaydream

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is the correct spring. The P220 and P227 share the same slide assemblies in both the full-size and Carry. They just have different roll marks.

Thanks GB. It looks like I kind of cross posted a 320'ish question in the wrong place... lol :rolleyes:

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
10,783 Posts
The P227 shouldn't feel "slighted", as the P220, basically the "beginning" of the classic series, doesn't have a "SMALL PARTS SHOPPER" listing either... evidently you must have a giant sales volume, to reap such rewards.

·
Registered
21,580 Posts
Yes. The green is for the full-size and the red is for the Carry and is shorter than green.
The P220 parts kit used to include one of each in case you had either a full-size or a Carry P220. Or P227.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Attachments

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
21,580 Posts
I would like to know how the grip size on that WC module feels compared to the standard medium P320/M17/M18 grip.

I would like to know if it feels smaller or larger. If it changes your trigger reach making it a longer reach or shorter?

·
Registered
30 Posts
$60 for 3 recoil springs from Sig?! They were $20 for 3 in March when I bought 4 not realizing it was 3 to a pack.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would like to know how the grip size on that WC module feels compared to the standard medium P320/M17/M18 grip.

I would like to know if it feels smaller or larger. If it changes your trigger reach making it a longer reach or shorter?

Sure thing. I'll get you get some comparison photos before and after of both assembled and naked, and see if i can tell any difference in feel when it arrives.

It says these 2 things so it appears you may get a bit deeper into the grip, although visually I cant tell a difference in the beavertail pistol to photo compare but the undercut looks deeper.

Upgraded, high-cut 1911-style beavertail grip tang for smooth draws.
Undercut front-strap and reshaped, radiused trigger guard for the highest grip possible.

Thats the one I went with.
https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Grip-Module-WCP320-Carry-Manual-Safety-Black/productinfo/320-CMB/

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Overall I'm very impressed with the grip. Its a lot more grippy and tactile feeling, but not overly aggressive. I wear a medium glove and the grip is definitely slimmer feeling and I get a better purchase overall. It doesn't feel as bulbous if I can describe it accurately, especially where the crook of your thumb and index finger slip up under the beaver tail. It also positions my thumb in a better relative position to be able to access the mag release, as if those top grooves are a bit deeper. I cant really say if it effected the trigger reach all that much, marginally if any without having side by side comparisons. I've indicated areas that have differences. The added shelf under the slide release is nice and the grip angle is laid back a tiny bit. Th magwell is a welcome change too. No issues with the 17 and 22 round mags. Now to test fire this weekend hopefully.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,580 Posts
Thanks for the comparison pics! There are some differences that I hadn't noticed until you pointed them out.

Man, I would like to get my hands on one of those to see what it feels like in my hands.

I don't even have a P320! (yet) :lol:

I talk myself into getting one then I talk myself out of it. You are talking me back into getting one. :lol:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the comparison pics! There are some differences that I hadn't noticed until you pointed them out.

Man, I would like to get my hands on one of those to see what it feels like in my hands.

I don't even have a P320! (yet) :lol:

I talk myself into getting one then I talk myself out of it. You are talking me back into getting one. :lol:

:D What are friends for? HAHA.. My buddy stopped by and saw it a couple days ago. He sat on it 2 days and decided to go pick one up. they JUST sold the last one and he was bummed out like crazy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts