SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get my first suppressor for my 226, any suggestions on what the best option would be?

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
I would consider something that can be used on multiple hosts. While you may not have other guns with threaded barrels now, you will find yourself looking for other things to suppress down the road. I personally prefer a 45 cal can for this very reason unless you plan on buying multiple cans. Tell us more about your plans for now and down the road. Do you have any other firearms you will want to suppress?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've got a SilencerCo Osprey9 that has been a really nice setup on my 226's and 229's. Looking back I should have gone for an Osprey45 instead so I could run it on a 1911, P220 or P227. They aren't much longer and add a lot of flexibility.

Overall though, the suppressors that are "multi-use" end up heavy for a handgun (in my opinion). I've played with a Silencer Co Hybrid and a Liberty Mystic and I'm always happy to get back to my Osprey. You can run subsonic 300 through an Osprey so it gives you some flexibility, but it is really a handgun can.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Got a AAC ti-rant 9M, works great on my 226 navy, also functions well with my sig .22 conversion, and p365!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts