SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tried installing an SRT kit in my 226. slide keeps getting locked-up 1/2 way back. almost seems the short side of the safety is stopping the slide. any clue?the safety sticks up above the frame...almost seems too high as the standard unit doesn't stick up at all

馃帠USA Veteran
Welcome to the forum from SE MI.

By "short side of the safety" do you mean the rear of the safety lever where the sear pivot pin goes thru it?

When you installed the SRT kit, did you install the trigger bar before or after you installed the safety lever?

Some pics of your 226 would be helpful; from the right side with the grip removed, cocked and uncocked, focusing on the trigger bar/hammer pivot pin/sear and one from the top of the frame with the slide removed. Also one showing how the safety lever sits "high" in the frame.

Registered
Note the SIG has an amendment to their User Manual.

This is because the SRT has less clearance with the hammer cocked. To remove or replace the slide, the hammer must be decocked (down). To remove slide, decock as the slide moves forward to the in-battery position.

To assemble slice, make sure the hammer is down, decock, first - let the slide push the hammer back as you assemble.

Not following this new procedure can cause stress, wear and damage to parts.

And the OP's problem.

Edit: It's the safety lever top nub that causes the "problem". On some guns, usually older ones that are not so tight, you may only notice additional resistance when not following the above, and can still push the slide past the higher resistance spot - doing so still causes additional wear and can result in light primer strikes or FTF when the firing pin block plunger is not pushed high enough to fully clear the firing pin.

Registered
Welcome
I would reinstall it, you did something wrong during installation

Resident Armorer Premium Member
ThnkFrst, I think he means the "short leg", as the "Safety Lever" resembles an "L", and of course the "short leg" is what bears on the Safety Lock.

馃帠USA Veteran
That's what I was thinking but wanted to confirm.

Assuming the safety lever is properly installed, the only way I can see it sitting up so high that it blocks the slide is if the trigger is pulled and held back before attempting to mount the slide to the frame.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.