SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Sig 226 .40 cal from a Pawn shop today. It didn't have a box, just the two mags. It looks good,no scratches and it has a Snake Eyes Dead Ringer sight.
I am curious as to the year of manufacture. Serial # UU608XXX.
I'm sure we have a lot of experts on here. I looked at the list posted but couldn't find it.

· Registered
434 Posts
I agree. Call SIG CS. I bought a used 226 last year that appeared to be fairly old (but still in good shape). The serial started U621.... I called CS and they were able to give me a range of potential production dates (i.e. between 1999 and 2000) within just a few minutes.

· 🎖USA Veteran
1,753 Posts
One of mine is UU605889, and I estimate it was manufactured in 2005. So, I would say yours is the same year or 2006 one. Mine is also a .40S&W.

If you decide to call Sig Sauer about your date of manufacture, please let us know what they say.

Mine was a police trade-in from the Auburn, AL Police Department.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called and he looked it up in the chart. He said 1998 and then he said it was an odd number. He asked was it made in Germany which it wasn't. It has Exeter NH on it. I still don't think he knows for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.