SIG Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has one and or what is your thoughts on this one? My gun shop just sent me a picture of one that they just got in. They have been trying to locate me a 320 RX but are having some trouble . I'm going to look at the 226 RX in the morning. It's not the plain 226 RX the slide has been newly Cerocoated (spelling) and it has a threated barrel.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have an SAO model. Slightly different frame that the DA/SA P226RX. Most accurate pistol I have ever shot! Put a Grayguns solid guide rod, a 17lb Wolff mainspring and a set of Hogue Pirhana G10s in it. An awesome pistol.

·
Registered
22,188 Posts
I want the P226 DA/SA RX. But I'm still a bit hesitant on the Romeo 1.
Want to wait a little longer and see if SIG updates the design (assuming we ever know if they did).

Reactions: Papabear51

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've had my MK25 RX for about a week and really like it. No problems with the Romeo on the MX25 RX or my P320C RX. One reason I went for the MK25 RX over the other models was because of the 1913 rail; not sure if that really makes a difference. I'm sure whichever gun you choose you'll be very happy with.

·
Registered
22,188 Posts
There have been numerous reports of electronics issues UNrelated to the loose battery compartment issue that a lot of folks talk about. Some have been reported here. Including an inability to maintain zero and in some cases simply ceasing to function.
A member posted not long ago about being at the Academy and a team coming in to test the Romeo 1 to try and duplicate some of the issues. We also know that SIG is supposed to be releasing one with a re-designed housing but who knows when that will be.

Sideburn's 2K run without issues is encouraging though.

I have not found very many reviews (good or bad) online for the Romeo 1 equipped guns. Heck, there aren't that many people talking about owning one. So it is kind of hard to get a "feel" for how many of the production runs might be experiencing issues.

But I sure would like to get one. I just haven't hit that "warm, fuzzy spot" on deciding to buy one.

·
Registered
22,188 Posts
.... One reason I went for the MK25 RX over the other models was because of the 1913 rail; not sure if that really makes a difference. ...
Hee hee! I am screaming at SIG quite regularly for continuing to build railed guns that don't use a standardized rail. Especially when they introduced an entirely new line of those "warrior inspired" Legions. :lol:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
For Nsane and GBIA, get one. You won't regret it! I have lost track of how many rounds have gone down the pipe of my MK25 RX and i am loving it. It does not exactly line up with the POI but I know where to hold it over to hit where I want. If I found the SAO version nearby I would probably buy it in a heartbeat.

GBIA, we can always meet up at Larrys or Last Resort some time.

·
Registered
740 Posts
For Nsane and GBIA, get one. You won't regret it! I have lost track of how many rounds have gone down the pipe of my MK25 RX and i am loving it. It does not exactly line up with the POI but I know where to hold it over to hit where I want. If I found the SAO version nearby I would probably buy it in a heartbeat.

GBIA, we can always meet up at Larrys or Last Resort some time.
When I made the decision to get my P226RX SAO Elite I kind of took a flyer on the SAO, having always been a traditional DA/SA shooter until I bought my P320c. The trigger on that pistol, and how well I shot it, was eye opening. Next came my P320RX and also GG PELT triggers. Loved the Romeo and the triggers! The P226 (my favorite platform), Romeo and SAO just seemed to be a winning combination so I took the leap at the SAO model. Right away it was the most accurate pistol shooting experience I had ever had.

Of course, after that I just had to have a SAO Legion (you know...the P226, Legion features AND SAO!!):rolleyes:!!

Get the SAO...You won't regret it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ditto on the P226 RX being a great combo. I "settled" for the da/sa version after finding in a local store at cost (999). Somebody screwed that one up - methinks. lol.

Anyway, I just installed a 17# hammer spring and GG solid guide rod as well. Plus, I have a flat trigger in the mail, and the short reset kit ready to go in when I do the trigger. Then all I need will be some G10 grips (have to save up a bit for those). But its an amazing shooting gun.

Or at least my legion sao is. Ive only ever shot the rx slide on the legion frame. That's the perfect combo for me. Love it. and no romeo 1 issues here either. mine has a build date from Dec 2016.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I made my decision ,, I ended up getting the 320RX today, I have a 226 TacOps that I Love and I really didn't feel the need for another 226 right now.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've had my P226RX SAO w/ only 1 hiccup, after the 1st 100 or so rounds the battery compartment cap came loose. My favorite pistol to shoot. I added a GG solid guide rod, xray sights & G10's & X5 magwell... love this pistol!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have the P320RX with the same sight. Battery cap came loose during the first 100 or so rounds. Easy to tighten up and many 100's more through it since without a hitch.

I would not worry about the Romeo 1.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts