SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone.

I tried doing a search here and elsewhere on the internet to no avail, so I apologize in advance if I overlooked someone else discussing something similar. This is my first thread, so...yeah. If someone could kindly direct me to that thread, I'd be much appreciative.

I'm very satisfied with my P229 (.40) straight out of the box in just about every aspect. She conceals/carries nicely, accurate, trigger is comfortable, blah blah...

BUT, I am the kind of person who can never leave well enough alone. I have an insatiable urge to tinker/upgrade/experiment/swap/etc.

I can't find a reason why a .40 barrel from a 226 can't be a simple drop-in job into my 229. Let's disregard any
'accuracy benefits don't outweigh the stupidity'
and
'should have bought a 226 if you wanted a longer barrel' rationalization. I just like to try all kinds of crap just because I can.

Again, if this has been discussed elsewhere, please help me find my way. If not, please let me know if this is feasible, worthwhile, idiotic, doable but pointless, or anywhere in between.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: aNYgentleman2006

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I have both 229 and 226 and I tried it before. Didn't work either way. The chambers themselves are different dimensions

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a bunch for the replies. I did find a longer barrel for it with some porting, and I figured I would just run it by y'all before I went for It. Thanks again.

Reactions: aNYgentleman2006

·
Premium Member
36,533 Posts
A threaded barrel will get you a bit more length.
Accuracy isn't just length.
A Bar-sto barrel , even standard is made as they make match grade.
I have had 3 conversion barrels two 9mm and one 400 corbon. They are all three noticeably more accurate than my Sig barrels.
They have a tighter chamber, and don't like reloads from an unsupported barrel like Glocks. They do like reloads from Sigs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts